“Cliche but great food and service”

Ivar's Salmon House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ivar's Salmon House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 4,231 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lake Union
Cross street: Pacific
Description: Ivar’s Salmon House is a beautiful cedar replica of a Northwest Native American Longhouse, complete with an open-pit Native American-style barbecue for preparing succulent alder-smoked dishes. Here, in a dining setting filled with Northwest native art, décor and historical photographs, you'll enjoy memorable meals surrounded by spectacular views of boats cruising Lake Union and Seattle’s skyline. Favorite daily entrees and fresh-sheet selections include alder-smoked salmon, prawns, alder-smoked chicken, and seasonal seafood specials. The outdoor Fish Bar offers casual lakeside dining or quick take-out food. Be sure to take a virtual tour of Ivar's Salmon House here: https://goo.gl/maps/a2sHCSrX5R92
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My cousin and I came here after visiting West Seattle. We had seen the restaurant while on the Seattle Ferry Service Sunday Ice Cream Cruise aboard the M/V Fremont Avenue boat. We sat in the Whalemaker Lounge and had FANTASTIC service from our server Vegas. The bartender (some woman) did initially serve my cousin wine in a stained glass but Vegas quickly replaced it with wine in a clean glass. I ordered a dozen oysters on the half shell and the panko herb crusted (would have preferred less crust and more crunch) Alaska razor clams with pickled ginger-jalapeno tartar sauce and fiery (not so much) orange chili sauce. I asked Vegas for a drink recommendation and he suggested the locally crafted (in Seattle's Fremont district!) Mischief vodka and soda with a twist. It was delicious and a perfect pairing with my food choices. Vegas also told us where we could buy the Mischief and I was able to bring some back to Washington, DC. Definitely worth a trip to North Lake Union to eat and drink here.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

A great place for out of town guests or stay outside for a quit dinner from the counter. Food is good and consistent. Especially great on a dusky evening by the window.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Love the atmosphere, the food, the vibe-great place to eat fresh seafood and have a beverage with friends. Dress up and enjoy some time with your spouse at this wonderful Seattle landmark. Awesome bacon wrapped scallops, crab legs and salmon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had heard raves about Ivar's and was a little disappointed. The salmon was fresh, but overcooked a little even though we had asked for it medium rare. It was served with mashed potatoes. Sourdough bread was good. Make a reservation, they get crowded. Ask for a window seat so you can look over the water.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I live in Seattle, I eat salmon weekly (or at least a couple times a month) and don't usually order it out, cuz I fix it pretty well at home! Recently, my cousins and uncle and aunt were visiting from Iowa for my son's wedding. They wanted seafood, salmon for sure and I didn't want to take them to an overpriced location. I knew Ivars was good, and I knew it was a really pretty venue for out of towners. HOWEVER, I had no idea how well they do salmon. My husband and cousin chose the 3 types of salmon platter. They enjoyed the sampler and opportunity to compare each. The presentation was wonderful, including the garlic mashed potatoes and the fresh green beans. WONDERFUL! The husband raved and is still talking about it a month later!

I had the white king with a spicy salsa type topping. OMG! It was a terrific piece of fish (never tried this fish before, very tasty and mild) and the special rice alongside perfectly steamed asparagus made it the best meal of the summer!

Ambience, native decore, boats galore on the ship canal and a personable waitress took the experience over the top! I will definitely return, with or without out of state company. And just in case I am looking for some fish n chips on a casual Friday evening, well then I will just hit up the outside fish bar - because I KNOW Ivars fish, chips and chowder are top notch.