“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Pink Door
Ranked #5 of 4,059 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stewart & Virginia
Description: Attenzione: The Pink Door will be closed Jan. through March 2017 for remodeling! Our beloved establishment will be in winter hibernation as we make some exciting changes, but rest assured the deep, lovely wrinkles will still be there. Aside from a much-deserved kitchen overhaul, the stage will be relocated, and we’ll offer a magical new seating area with a view of the water and sky. You can look forward to the same delicious seasonal food, same eclectic entertainment, and the same caring, lovely staff waiting to serve you! Follow our construction progress on Instagram. We are teaming with Seattle-based Metis Construction, an independent community of craftspeople proudly running a worker-owned company; we’re thrilled to have its artisan touch. See you in Spring!
Rochester, New York
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

This restaurant has such a cozy eclectic atmosphere. Very unique to many places. It is located on Post Alley with a nice view of the water if you are seated on the outside patio. The inside dining room is also warm and inviting. It is a little difficult to find since there is no sign. Literally just an unassuming pink door. We found that it was closest to 1st and Stewart Street. The service and food was absolutely terrific! Absolutely worth trying to find. Highly recommend.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
“What what we were looking for!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

So ourselves, and one other couple, went to Seattle and I decided to give this place a try based on the great reviews. I wanted to go to the burlesque show, so I read up on it, and we got there at 8:30.....the line was VERY long. I'd say definitely get there earlier than that. A girl going down the line came up to us and told us there were no more tables left, and said there was availability at the bar, she said we'd be right up there watching the whole thing. I said 'yes' right away, I really wanted to go in. At first they led us into this weird back hall, looked like the back of their kitchen, I started wondering if I hadn't screwed up our last evening in Seattle. Once they sat us though (and it took just a little while), everything was totally fine. The calamari appetizer was delicious, my husband couldn't stop talking about it. I heard the lasagna was fantastic, and I had the seafood cioppolini (or something like that)...it was light, very good, we ordered spinach and that was fantastic.
The show was super funny to me, they are so silly, they guy on the mic had us all just cracking up, his character was hilarious.

I am so glad that we came to this place. Our first night in Seattle we went out to a bar...and that's not fun to me anymore (I'm 40), and everyone is super young, and I'm yawning the whole time, I don't want to dance, the whole thing just makes me sleepy!!!
But this show kept us all super entertained, the drinks kept coming, the food was delicious and I stayed out WAY past my bed time, only to have to wake up the next day to catch a very early flight, but it was soooo worth it. Our whole party walked out of there giggling, what a way to end a fantastic trip.

Bandon, Oregon
“Yes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was a very fun experience. We sat on the patio on a beautiful, warm Seattle evening. The food was incredible. You must order the bruschetta! The heirloom tomatoes were amazing. I'd heard much about the cocktails, so I ordered the rosehips drink. Not so much a fan, it tasted like perfum. The lasagna was great.
Highly recommend this restaurant.

“Nice little find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great ambiance in Post Alley. Hard to find but you have to look for the non-marked pink door.
We opted to sit on the deck as it was a beautiful night and had a nice time. Our server was really quite good and we all liked our dinners. I had the risotto and I was not totally in love with it but it was still tasty. We also had the caprese pasta at the table which was pretty good but the star of the table was the lasagna. Very good and very rich.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Texas
“Hard to find entrance but worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Trying to find a place for dinner and found this when someone opened the door and we could see in - we were trying to find out how to get to a patio we saw and this was actually the restaurant that had the patio. We weren't able to get a table on the patio but the main dining room was fine. Our server was Elyse and she did an excellent job. They were very buy but we never felt like she rushed us and whenever we needed something she was available, whether it was more wine or water.

The Ribs and Sausage were served on a wooden square and were seasoned well. I recommend it.

Visited August 2013

Been to The Pink Door? Share your experiences!