“Great Happy Hour”
Review of El Camino

El Camino
Reserve with OpenTable
El Camino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #378 of 4,231 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fremont
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great Tacos on HH, and the Best $ 5 House Margaritas in Seattle! (Are there any other $5 Margaritas in Seattle?)
Great indoor/outdoor patio out back.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

a place with real character and really nice staff - coped very well with a large group of Brits and kept the coronas flowing :)

keep a toilet roll in the fridge before visiting - I really like Mexican with a kick and this certainly delivered on the spice front which I loved

would highly recommend and would love to visit again - plenty of bars nearby to make an evening after the meal

1  Thank martinfjlewis
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our local friends took us here. Since we live in bay Area we eat plenty of Mexican food but these flavors were really great. And very nice margaritas.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Only stayed a few nights in Seattle and ate here on the recommendation of a few locals as a bit of a 'Seattle Tradition' in the Walligford area.
We also asked a local for recommendations on what was good on the menu - we weren't disappointed.
We had plantains and guacamole to start - Brits can't make avocados taste like this - it was delicious.
Then amongst the three of us we had fish Tacos, Enchiladas (the dark mole was recommended but my niece chose different sauce), and I chose the slow cooked pork with sweet potatoes as it's something different from what I've seen in other Mexican restaurants.

The quality of the food was great - probably not the most authentic of Mexicans but a good modern take. All food was plentiful, though not overwhelming, extremely tasty and the service was friendly and efficient. We sat out on the rear deck which was buzzing and vibrant.

Would highly recommend, especially as so many of the restaurant suggestions we had seemed very overpriced - El Camino was very reasonable.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was in the mood for Mexican food and searched on-line to see if there was a Mexican restaurant in Fremont. I was pleasantly surprised to find that El Camino had a Sunday brunch since we had been looking for a place to stop in after attending church. They don't open until 12 noon, so it made for a short wait, but it was worth it!
My husband said the Chorizo Omelet was heavenly. I enjoyed the Huevos Rancheros with delicious frijoles charros (black beans simmered with bacon). The waitress recommended adding the carne esada steak. I requested well done and it was tender yet crispy around the edges- perfect! The prices are reasonable and the portions are large.
Ask for the Mexican sodas, they are very refreshing with real cane sugar. The décor is fun with Mexican posters and paintings. It was a little cold with the doors open, but soon they had the heater working. The staff is young and a bit nonchalant, but it's Fremont so you expect things to be laid back. There are big trees in front of the building, so you can easily miss it. To find it, just look for the "Rocket" -a cold war relic at N. 35th St. and Evanston Ave N. in the Center of the Universe!