“Good find”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Post Alley between Stewart and Virginia
Description: Kells Irish Restaurant & Bar is one of Seattle's favorite hideaways. Situated in Post Alley above the historic Pike Place Market, Kells is a fine way to round up a day's sightseeing or browsing at the market. The pub is always alive with folks cooling off after a day's work. The restaurant will be sure to remind you of the Old Country with its warm, cozy atmosphere and traditional surroundings. There's also a patio outside that's a great place to feel the breeze from the Sound and the buzz of the marketplace. We also have a grand celebration every St. Patrick's Day. Kells proudly serves Seattle's largest Single Malt Scotch collection.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I love Irish pubs. It was only by happenstance that we found Kells. The pub is about a block from Pike Place Market yet is much quieter. The beer selection is good and the food is excellent. The staff is cordial and service was fast.

There are newer reviews for Kells Irish Restaurant

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Food was good, service was a little slow but it was busy. We sat outside and had time to kill so we didn't mind that we had to wait for our food.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stopped in one evening while visiting Seattle for a bite to eat and a glass (or 3) of beer. The portions were small and over-priced. I did like my meal, and beer, but it is really hard to mess up corn beef and cabbage. Seattle was warm during my stay, so it was nice they had patio seating. I think this restaurant caters more to the tourist, than locals, and if I visit Seattle again I think I will try to find a Irish eatery more off the beaten path.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Food was average at best. Ordered Shepard's Pie and Corned Beef and Cabbage. Both were quite dry. A bigger disappointment was the service. Our server was very unattentive. We could not even find her to get the check. I have seen other good reviews, so maybe we picked a bad night. Would not return.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My sister and I weren't all that hungry, so we made our meal around a selection of pasties. They were excellent, with a rich, buttery crust. They were flaky and moist. We've never been here before, but I'd definitely go again. We decided to eat here after going on the market ghost tour, where one of the most haunted places around Pike Place Market is Kell's Restaurant. The ground floor of the restaurant was once a mortuary.

Been to Kells Irish Restaurant? Share your experiences!