“Delicious food and nice views”
Review of China Harbor

China Harbor
Ranked #2,332 of 4,168 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: A culinary jewel in the Pacific Northwest, China Harbor Restaurant marries authentic Chinese cuisine with breathtaking views of Lake Union, delivering guests the tastiest view of Seattle. Since 1994, we've prided ourselves on using the highest quality ingredients in our dishes, originating from the Hunan, Szechuan, and Mandarin provinces of China. Whether you're joining us for lunch or dinner or participating in a private event, we look forward to turning your special moments into memories during your next visit.
Seattle, Washington
“Delicious food and nice views”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stop by here when I go biking or running by Lake Union to enjoy the delicious food and nice views of Lake Union. I am a big fan of the General Tso's Chicken, the Mushu Pork with buns, and BBQ pork fried rice. This is a nice place to stop and relax after a long, stressful day, and the host/servers are always quick to seat you and provide you prompt service. I love and will continue to visit this place.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank Jesse T

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Lynnwood, Washington
“Worst Ever”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We went and ordered fried rice, chow mein, and my husband ordered General Chow chicken with fried rice. The food came very quickly and when we started to eat we were all disgusted. The meat in the chow mein and fried rice and not recognizable. I couldn't even swallow it. Anyway, I will never go back and it was THE worst food that I can remember.

• Visited March 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Terrible...”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Looks great from the outside and seems to host many well dressed events judging by the people going in and out (I run past it regularly) however don't be fooled.

The service was non existent. The water glasses were so dirty. The starters were ok - primarily fried. However the entrees were unrecognizable as food. We were the only people there that night and I wonder if they just sold us the leftover slops rather than make us fresh food. We ate none of them. We were concerned we'd end up sick.

We paid up and left having eaten very little. I am very surprised at how many good reviews this place gets and can only assume they are from people who haven't eaten much Chinese food.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank seattle_thistle
Seattle
“China Harbor is worthy of your special visit to sample anything from simple fried rice to a fancy seafood and vegetable”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

When I was young, my family had a very good chef. His name was Sun Ta, so I grew up with gourmet Chinese food. I have eaten at many Chinese restaurants in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, London, Paris, Rome, Geneva, Tokyo, Kyoto, Bangkok, New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver. I even dined in the small town of Richardson on the Canadian side, just past Seattle, since I had heard that there are good Chinese restaurants.

Recently, I went to China Harbor at 2040 Westlake Ave. N. in Seattle I looked at the menu, and I was impressed, since this restaurant includes all of the eight different Chinese regional cuisines: Peking, Shanghai, Anwei, Hunan, Sichuan, Chuanyang, Canton, and Taiwanese.

I ordered two different styles at the first time. Those dishes were really authentic and delicious. Then, I went there again ordering two different styles each time, until I had tasted all their major styles, from Peking duck to Cantonese fried noodles. Those foods were always excellent.

I found that their dishes not only used authentic Chinese techniques and ingredients, but they added the American conceptions about food. Therefore, every dish possesses the fresh color to attract the eyes, the good smell to attract the nose, and the tasty to satisfy the tongue. The foods are healthy and not excessively oily, salty, or sweet.

Confucius, the greatest Chinese philosopher, said that heavenly music will be in your ears for three months. I would like to say that a good meal at China Harbor will remain in your memory for three months.

Best of all, the price is very reasonable. With a harbor view, one can see many yachts floating on the water in the day time and colorful neon lights at night. The magnificent environment and the friendly service are outstanding. The owner obviously wants to spread the culture of Chinese gourmet foods at low prices.

If you live in Seattle, you should treat yourself to a delicious Chinese dinner at the China Harbor. If you don't live in Seattle, the China Harbor is worthy of your special visit to sample anything from simple fried rice to a fancy seafood and vegetable dish in a nest of crispy noodles.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank ProfessorPHD
Seattle, WA
“It depends what you order, but they have gotten better over the years.”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have been going to this place for about 8 years. They used to be much cheaper ($4.95 for lunch specials). They have rasied their price just a little bit ($6.95), but the quality of their food has improved over the years as well. They are average chineese restaurant.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank NS444

Been to China Harbor? Share your experiences!