“If you like Indian...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: University District
Stanwood, Washington
“If you like Indian...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

....this is the place for you! We live an hour away from this restaurant but routinely we make the drive because it is THAT good!

Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Spokane, Washington
“get the sampler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

we LOVE the cedars. much has been said about the endless chai. I always end up getting a plate that has 2 or 3 each of grilled, marinated chicken, beef, and shrimp, perfectly seasoned. Great tamarind sauce, superb naan! I go every time i"m in seattle.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank noranicolay
Bremerton, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Butter Chicken anywhere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I continue to search for better Butter Chicken and have tried various places in several counties. This one still wins. Service is usually good since they have so many people working at a time.

Visited November 2011
Washington State
“Not great...not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

A friend suggested going to an Indian restaurant in this neighborhood, bithout naming one. I did some research and assumed we wee going to a different establishment. I was surprised how similar this menu was to the other I had seen on line.
I was most surprised by the sped of the service. We ordered an appetized and nan, as well as entrees. The salad arrived followed in extremely quick order by the bread and each of the entrees. They need to pace the meal and give diners a bit of a chance to enjoy their first course before the rest of the meal arrives. We were suprised how mild the medium heat was.
Overall the dishes were enjoyable, but not memorable. My friend, who had eaten there several times before said as we were leaving, :It's not as good as I remembered." I was glad since it judged it average. We had tandori chicken with bones and a lamb dish the name of which I don't remember, but it was better than the chick. The nan was the garlic version, and was also very mild..

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
WA state
“Excellent Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Wow! I don't know much about Indian food but this place is a real treat. My family and I shared several different dishes: a curry chicken, a butter masala, and a tandoori salmon, accompanied by saffron infused rice. Everything was delicious. We had prompt and courteous service. Reasonable prices. Great place to eat if you are in the U district. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2012