“One of Our Favorites”

Add it.
Casa D'Italia Market & Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 8, 2011

My wife and i love this place! The food is great - always a pasta type of the day, upon which most dishes are served with, usually 10-15 specials on the chalkboard that are based on what the chef found at the market that day or was in the mood for himself. The chef is a friendly guy unless you tell him how to cook - he knows what is best (won't do substitutions unless it is related to vegetarian/vegan). Don't think I've seen the same waitress twice in the many times we've been there...

1  Thank jeff_giessen

Reviewed May 25, 2010

My husband and I consider this cook to be one of the best in Seattle for Italian food. We take our friends visiting from Europe here because it's cosy, neighborhood casual, never rushed, the food is excellent and wine is appropriate. The specials change frequently. Also, there is usually a recipe featuring game prepared admirably, as well as a thoughtful and carefully prepared vegetarian presentation. Dessert looks wonderful, but main course portions are sufficient for two meals for me and soo good... it's hard to save room for dessert. I recall when I was single, I was treated with respect as a single diner and never rushed here, even though it is a small restaurant. Definately one of our favorite restaurants.

1  Thank seattle008
Reviewed September 6, 2009

We love to come here in our neighborhood. The food is really good, not fabulous but really good....big portions, reasonable prices. Tons of specials. Quiet, quaint little place, feels warm and comfortable. You can eat outside under cover which is kind of fun. Even in winter they light the heat lamps. Tables are tiny. I wouldn't recommend taking kids there.

1  Thank VacationerSeattle
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Brewster, New York
Reviewed March 8, 2008

Weird service, but the food is okay.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 9, 2008

The food is simply the best Italian in Seattle. The service is superb. The wait staff are all very helpful about the items on the menu, what items to eat together, what wine to pair it with.
You will find the ambience to be extremely attractive, comfortable, and inviting. The cooking is out of this world, the menu is always seasonal with only the best ingredients available.

You can go there on a date for the best date ever. You can also go there with your kids, because we all know italians love kids, and the owners here are no exception. Kids are treated with extra attention here all of the time. You can even go alone and feel comfortable and get the best service in town.

The prices are very reasonable, especially considering the high level of quality you receive for the price.

I had completely given up on trying to find a good Italian restaurant in Seattle, since moving here from New York, until I found this one.

It really is the most authentic and delicious food I have had since moving here. I have been here for 9 years.

You will not be disappointed. Just don't forget to try the dessert!

1  Thank eriordan