“Outstanding coffee!”

Ranked #43 of 314 Coffee & Tea in Seattle
Neighborhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Neighborhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Cafe Vita brings us coming back to capital hill even if it just for a cup of coffee after visiting somewhere else downtown.
For me, this is one of the definitive Seattle/capital hill places to check out.
Caffe is great, outstanding beans roasted fresh on site, the drip is all French pressed, and if you like ice coffee you must try the Toddy on ice or the Kyoto, better yet, make another trip and try it all!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Went to nearby Paseo Caribbean to get a sandwich and swung by Caffe Vita. I liked the atmosphere, but the latte surprised me more. I am not a heavy coffee drinker, but the latte was smooth, roasted just right, and still full of favors. It is the best latte I ever had!!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I went to the Wilson Avenue location near Seward Park. The service was great, the green tea that I had was perfect, and the wi-fi worked great. Overall, a great experience.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I did a self-guided coffee shop walking tour around the city in search of our new favorite beans to brew at home. The Capitol Hill location was one of our many stops. He enjoyed their brew of the day, Guatemala Finca Nuevo Vinas blend, the most of all we tried. The coffee was definitely bold and flavorful for being a medium-ish coffee. We would have liked if the cafe offers pour-overs, though. Great neighborhood and people watching. We grabbed a pound of whole beans to go.

Reviewed April 6, 2010

Caffe Vita is a local coffee establishment and have several shops around the city. I like CV coffee and think its flavorful. Depending on who brews the coffee, the flavor can be full and strong or diluted.

I like the location, however parking is hard to find in this neighborhood and even harder if you drive a big car. The cafe itself is laid out very well. There is an upstairs hang out area that reminds me of an old library with the huge wood tables.

The last time I went to this place, I was grossed out by the bathroom because it was not well maintained. The one trip to the bathroom almost ruined my whole Capitol Hill CV experience.

This location has a whole lot more seating than the Queen Anne location. I also think QA location brews better coffee however it could be thoughts of that dirty bathroom tainting my taste buds. The QA location seats less than a half-dozen people and they have outdoor seating too.