“Too much service”

Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Description: Since 1990 we have been offering Seattle innovative Southwestern, Mexican and Spanish cuisine from our humble Madison Park restaurant, Cactus. Home to Seattle’s first tapas bar, we continue to innovate with seasonal menus, nightly specials and fresh cocktails.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This restaruant was right up the street from the hotel so its very convenient. The food was good. I had the carne asada tacos & my friend had to beef fajitas. Fajitas are a HUGE serving too! The only thing was that we had a waitress in training so there were a lot of 'extra' visits from the staff. Im all for quick service but it was a little much when youre trying to have a conversation. Hopefully it was just because our waitress was still being shadowed. I do like that they do have attention to detail with the staff.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Last night I joined two friends for happy hour at Cactus in Madison Park. (I grew up in Madison Park and still have family there so Cactus is my go to restaurant when I visit from CA. I have been going to Cactus since it opened in 1990!). I always judge a restaurant by its chips and salsa (or bread) and Cactus' are just perfect. The salsa is excellent as well. Their guacamole is a must order. (I like to stir some of the salsa into the guacamole...) The house margarita is quite good. However, I love, love, love the jalapeno margarita! Camarones D'El Diablo - just outstanding and at happy hour price we gorged on them. Don't miss them! I've had their Spicy Caesar salad numerous visits as well as the Tortilla Soup and both quite good. Last night we tried the Spciy Ahi Tacos, Smoked Chicken Quesadillas and the Applewood Smoked Chicken Flautas - all on their happy hour menu. To die for!!!

We never seem to make it past happy hour menu to order off the dinner menu but their seasonal nightly menu has some wonderful offerings and should not be missed.

If you are in Madison Park don't miss a stop at Cactus. Friendly staff, great people watching, amazing food and margarits.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The food and service were great. The guacamole is a must try--it's super smooth and chunky at the same time. The salsa tasted like fresh homemade salsa. I had the butternut squash, spinach, and goat cheese enchiladas and was not disappointed. The flavors and textures blended perfectly. They are a must try. Our server was attentive and helpful.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Cactus is one of our favorite spots to go for "date night". The food is consistently great and the service is even better!

1  Thank Sheila H
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I have been here several times for happy hour, and this review is biased simply because we love the place. The happy hour plates are adequately sized for us, and the food is terrific southwestern. Please don't go there; we want it for ourselves.

2  Thank James W

Been to Cactus Restaurant? Share your experiences!