“Breakfast Perfection”

Neighborhood: North Seattle
Overland Park, Kansas
“Breakfast Perfection”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

There's only a few places I would recommend if you're looking for breakfast in Seattle.

This place is at the top of the list.

If you wern't looking for it, you would pass by it on the street and not even know it. But do yourself and your stomach a favor and go here. It's a small, retro joint with the best breakfast food I have ever encountered in my travels. You want to leave in ecstasy? Try the Country Benny. Not only is the food itself great but the gravy...

Lord, the gravy...

Let me pull you in close for a second. Abandon all you know about gravy and take notes about their gravy. This is why I keep coming back whenever I visit Seattle, is because of this gravy. If I could I would take a jug of this stuff home with me and use it in everything. Let me put it to you in another way. Remember the movie Die Hard? That scene where Hans Gruber and the thieves are opening the vault for the first time, and Ode to Joy starts playing in the back ground?

I dare you to eat the Country Benny and that gravy, and not have an Ode To Joy moment there yourself.

Your welcome, by the way.

The staff is friendly and care about the people that come by into their place. The food is hot, fresh, and prompt. But really, go for the food and come back for the experience.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Valentine777

Seattle, Washington
“Kitschy fun! Did I mention good food?”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Restaurant impossible? More like restaurant retro cool. Yes, it looks like it needs a little makeover/updating g of a few things but the charm of this totally retro kitschy place is what draws people here and the food is great! I'm not a "regular" but the staff sure treat me like I'm in there every day! I feel like they're talking to a friend when I'm there and not a customer. (Have only been there twice since my new cool discovery). There are so many retro items in shelves, cupboards and on the wall you spend hours looking at all the things they've accumulated and no matter what you age you'll find something that reminds you of yesteryear. Staff are dressed very casually and not as professional as you might think employees should be dressed but this too is part of the charm and feeling like your walking into a friends kitchen for breakfast. Had Welsh Eggs for breakfast. A play on eggs Benedict with coned beef instead of Canadian bacon. The eggs were perfectly poached, the corned beef homemade and not from a can and the hollandaise was one of the top I've ever had. Potatoes were rustic and fresh, fried and season perfectly. Plenty of food for a good price if $10.50, enough to keep me full for hours. Every table was full of hungry patrons, a good sign of a great place to eat. If you haven't tried The Breakfast Club you should! Go and experience the cool and come out full from the freak food.

• Visited July 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“No, No, No”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The "Breakfast Club" is a perfect candidate for "Restaurant Impossible". This untidy and cluttered place has good traffic and aparantly at one time had a good reputation. My experience was shoddy service from hash house unkept waitresses, poor quality food in presentation, preperation and ingredients. Unless a total makeover is in its future, I will not go back. How can you so badly mess up bacon and eggs? Oh yea, the toast was good and hot but the coffee was poor quality too, bad coffee in Seattle, what's up in Starbucks and Seattle's Best land?

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank scottsdalegolfergirl
Seattle, Washington
“A real find, heat food, great service”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stopped by this place while my car was being serviced. What a find. The place was cozy, clean, and half full on a Monday morning. Service was friendly, prompt, and efficient. I ordered the "California Scramble" with home fries and wheat toast. The scramble was fresh and delicious, the home fries good and the toast rather anemic. With some care, you can order some healthy options or you can order some pretty hefty breakfasts!

I will be back.

• Visited March 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Mixed feelings on dining experience.”
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Very casual and breakfasts are generous. Service is the sore point. Sometimes they make you feel you are an inconvenience.

1 Thank LeCagot

Been to Breakfast Club? Share your experiences!