“Half a Head is Better Than None”
Review of Radiator Whiskey

Radiator Whiskey
Ranked #65 of 4,132 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Everett, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Half a Head is Better Than None”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great restaurant. The smoked pig plate is to die for. It will feed up to three and is well worth the price. All kinds of of wonderful whiskeys and a happy Happy Hour. I would recommend checking this place out.

• Visited December 2013

Bend, Oregon
“Melt in your Mouth Deliciousness”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

First time here and can't wait to go again! We shared two appetizers: Roasted Beet Salad and Tots (pictures below). The Beet Salad had a nice fresh crisp in flavor and texture. Tots with egg and gravy? - yum! One entree was shared: Braised beef brisket with roasted onions, horseradish cream, baby arugula. AMAZING! This meat melted in my mouth and the horseradish cream was velvety. Each bite adding the onions and arugula was perfect. For dessert we had the Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie with a shot of whiskey. These cookies were the size of salad plates. The were dense with flaky layers of dough and chocolate - very hearty dessert. Our server helped us match our meal with the perfect cocktail and wine. She had excellent service, attitude, and just the right amount of check-ins.
We learned that they have a whiskey club (limited 50 members with a waiting list) for $500/yr that gets you a whiskey a week and special events. We got to sit next to the club's special flask containers (see pic below.....)
Environment is a bit bit loud because everyone is having such a great time. It's a bit quieter if you sit near the windows, but then you have a view of Deja Vu Showgirls blaring lights which could be awkward depending on your company.....
Our entire experience was wonderful and can't wait to go back and try new items!

• Visited January 2014
Olympia, Washington
“Fun spot for drinks with friends”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The first thing I would like to say is I really appreciated that the staff honored our reservation even though they were closing early because of a broken dishwasher! I asked if we needed to hurry and the server could not have been nicer and told us to take our time. Libations were luscious and portions were ample. I did my best to talk my companions in to the pig's head but no takers. Sigh. Atmosphere is very hipster and we were celebrating my 60th but didn't feel at all uncomfortable and nicest staff ever.

• Visited December 2013
Leavenworth, Washington
“Simply AMAZING!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stumbled upon this restaurant while online. It was the best stumble ever! This is one heck of a gem! I had looked over their menu and then made reservations. We arrived a few minutes early and were seated right away. We ordered drinks and while waiting for them they brought popcorn to the table. The drinks were fantastic, top shelf. We ordered a beet salad to share and it was absolutely delicious. We had pre-ordered the 1/2 pigs head as we learned we would have to do from other reviews. They certainly did not disappoint. The pigs head was out of bounds crazy good! Smoky, salty, sweet pork heaven! The waitress was fantastic and very personable as well. Our experience was one of the best we have ever had at any restaurant and we cannot wait to return. The only slight disappointment is that it is 21 & over and we are unable to take our 17 year old son. I guess he will have to wait until he is 21. It will be worth the wait. In the meantime we will be returning as soon as we can schedule another trip to Seattle.

• Visited October 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Tastefully classy without the snobbery”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I love Radiator Whiskey. So much that I've somehow justified spent much of my unemployed summer afternoons here, It's a nice break from the chaos of Pike Place Market and is any whiskey lover or carnivore's dream. Not the cheapest spot, but a BARGAIN considering the quality of the food, location, service, etc. Definitely beats the tourists traps below. Cocktails start at $10, food around $8-$16, but the happy Mon-Fri provides a small relief (usually a dollar or two off with special appetizers).

The cozy custom wooden decor paired with an immense whiskey selection and some of the finer cocktails I've ever had, tied with some the most creative and tasty meat dishes. The menu doesn't get too crazy except for the Pig Head you can order (serves 2-3). The menu varies based on whats in season but there are some staple items that don't move (Fried pork shank. YUM). The staff is fabulous and attentive, no matter how crazy it gets in there (even on game days!).

Photos and an in-depth review can be found here: http://sandytlam.com/food/review-radiator-whiskey/

• Visited May 2013