Tripadvisor
Search
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Beautiful Theater

The Paramount Theater is beautiful and hosted a magnificent production of Frozen, the National... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
smholst
New York City, New York
Magical Cirque Christmas

Reviewed October 31, 2019
Exquize
Riverside, California
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Seattle
from $34.13
from $121.00
from $20.00
from $144.99
More Info
All reviews main floor the lion king phantom of the opera during intermission great sound steve martin beaux arts gorgeous theater acoustics stage concert performance tickets rows organ lyrics architecture
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I are season ticket holders, traveling in from Jefferson County to Seattle so we make dinner reservations and plan for a nice evening. We attended occasionally when we lived in a Seattle suburb for 25 years. We love the Paramount and have enjoyed 2 of the 4 productions this season. What we do not love is what has changed: theatre etiquette. Other patrons going in and out without waiting for the intermission, patrons walking back into their seats minutes prior to intermission, dozens of people coming in late, patrons attending while apparently sick and coughing the entire time, and patrons chatting with each other throughout the production! What has happened? I wish all patrons would remember we’ve all paid a great deal for these tickets.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank stickleyd
Reviewed November 19, 2019

I had been here for The Lion King musical. The theater is great and comfortable. Nice acoustics.

For an 80 year old theater, it is very well maintained. The interiors give a feel of the early 20th century due to its architecture and setting.

This venue hosts music concerts as well. Notable artists like Pink Floyd, Nirvana, and Madonna have performed at this venue in the past.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed November 11, 2019

We just went Friday evening November the 8th to see the Russian Nut Cracker Ballet, which was the best showing that I have ever seen. Fantastic costumes and amazing dancing. Now the problem...without any exaggeration it was 85 degrees and so hot that when intermission came around and I stood up I was faint. The nice little old people who assist in seating said that the Ballet Company wanted it hot so that they don't pull muscles. A load of crap! They either have broken air conditioning or just too cheap to run it.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed October 31, 2019 via mobile

Went here during the holidays to see a magical cirque Christmas. We ended up having to park kind of far and walk to theater. However, we enjoyed the show there and did not need to use binoculars.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed October 17, 2019

I hadn't been to the Paramount for a long time and was invited to attend a performance. We were on the far right stage about three rows up which was perfect. I appreciate that the perfromance started exactly on time and how beautiful this historic theater is.

Date of experience: October 2019