Open today: 4:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Friendly Place

Reviewed June 19, 2018
Tina G
Issaquah, Washington
Part of the grunge culture

Reviewed April 7, 2018
aoifebdillon
Worthing, United Kingdom
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Seattle
More Info
All reviews great sound seattle music dive grungy crocodiles fun
Reviewed June 19, 2018

We came here to see my son's band Moon Darling. We ordered a pizza which was very good. Our server was very friendly. The wine in the bar was good, and the guys at the door were also friendly.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

As a major grunge fan I had to come to the crocodile! It’s so famous. I know it has changed hands and not what it used to be but I liked having a drink at the back bar with black and white posters of my idols. The back bar is free entry as well!

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Saw nirvana back in 1991, so when I had the opportunity to visit Seattle the music culture was my main interest. That such a small city could produce so many music legends makes one want to understand the ecosystem.

The crocodile is probably classed as a dive bar...but that’s my memory of grunge. The staff couldn’t have been nicer. Went there for a few drinks in the front bar...assumed I could catch a gig in the back bar but as it happens that nights gig was a sell out (soul moon). Despite the gig being sold out the staff let me in before the performance so I could see the venue that has been a host for so many bands of my generation....thanks to he front staff on that one

Reviewed March 17, 2018

We came here for a dinner in the back room. As a side note, Stone Gossard's (Pearl Jam) ex wife owns this part along with her new husband. The place is legendary. All the grunge bands played here at one time. In the front section, there is still live entertainment and the music is one of the best around. I regret we did not have enough time to do everything in Seattle and not seeing a live band was one of them. Anyway we ate in the back bar and had a vegetarian pizza made in their wood fired oven. It was great. The bartender, a female was friendly. I had a couple of cocktails which were very good. Many are named after the grunge bands. My husband had a couple of beers. Good selection to choose from. On the walls are pictures of various grunge artists who played there. This is worth a visit especially if you are interested in Seattle's grunge rock scene of years past.

Reviewed March 10, 2018

Having the good fortune of living a few blocks from here, it’s a regular stop for live music. Last night watching John Cragie on stage reminded me why this small intimate venue is such a great place for a concert with friends.

Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

Saw Cam here on 12-15. First time in this venue since the 90's. Amazing sound, great atmosphere. You will stand the entire show unless you grab a side bench. 4 instead of 5 because of the screwed up will call system. They advertise the show start time of 7 - wrong, the doors open at 8 and the show started at 8:30. Horrible wait in the cold until we walked to the Jupiter (great place) for drinks and to warm up.

So either don't do will call or call and find out the real schedule for door open time. Seemed to be a mystery to the staff as well.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Went here to see some local bands and it was fun. I went into the bar before the show and got a pizza and beer. The service was great, the place is entertaining and the food is OK. We saw several bands but Devil's Hunt Me Down was phenomenal.

Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

Wanted to see an authentic part of seattle music history and took in a small gig in the back bar. Really laid back vibe, cheapest drinks i bought the whole time I was in Seattle and an outstanding service from the best barmaid I've ever seen ply her trade. The one with the cool hair, knee high socks and pierced nose. If she's there, she'll look after you expertly.

1  Thank Paddy1910
Reviewed June 8, 2017

Great shows on stage here and sometimes on the bar. Zakk Wylde rocked the Croc and turned this place into his own Lizard Lounge performing on the bar!

Plenty of Croc-tails on the menu, cold beer on tap. If you haven't seen a show here, you haven't lived in Seattle!

Reviewed May 31, 2017

Amazing place to hear some great music, get a great pizza (the pepperoni) and have a few beers. The bar is a bit of a dive (authentic) - and, the music venue is small (intimate); but, this place is always on my go to list for Seattle visits. Check out the web site for music calendar. I've never been disappointed.