“Superb Artisan Ingredients Skillfully Created”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lark Restaurant

Lark Restaurant
Ranked #154 of 4,080 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles
“Superb Artisan Ingredients Skillfully Created”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Still, after the 7th time visiting Lark (Feb 2012), I am blown away........ speechless! Now back home from a Seattle weekend, my palate tingles from the remembrance of my last plates before dessert, the.....super sleek cheeses: Persille de Malzieu (salt, blue), Dulcinea ( tangy). For meat, I had the Wild Boar and yes (2 meat dishes) the Crispy Liberty Farm duck leg with grapefruit zest (citrus) and watercress (pungent) flavors elevating the crispness and sweetness of the duck leg......... :0 The wine list changed a bit from when I was here last and had the Syncline Subduction Red '10 with meats (never had it but this Syrah made the meats sing with yummyness). Was so impressed by this wine, I ran to the closest wine shop from my hotel day before my flight back and snuck a bottle in my luggage (yes I carry an inflatable wine cradle with me when traveling for moments like this). Shhhhh. Les desserts were perfectly sweet to end your experience here and leaves you a joy not oft felt!

... John Sundstrom rocks out preparations that I appreciate and always remember. The food at Lark is raw, delectably sensual and organic...... pure, no affect. Here, dining is not theatre. In its incomparable simplicity and invention, the flavors here delight the palate and the soul.

• Visited October 2012

Kirkland, Washington
“Loved it- plan to go back several times and eat my way through the menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

It is all about the food. Great local ingredients. Ethos of we made it here. Every bit is fun. I had a fine meal. I am going back.

• Visited August 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent small plates restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Five of us had dinner last night at Lark. Very comfortable setting in an older building near Seattle University. Best feature is the flavoring of each small dish. From the special salad with radicchio and frisee through the tuna quail, duck leg and grilled octopus each dish came with unique and delicious seasonings. We are local and will be back!

• Visited August 2013
Raleigh
“Delightful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Four of us dined at Lark last Saturday night and were happy with everything - food, service, ambiance. The chicken liver pate was divine and we argued over what other things were our favorites -- the octopus, the eel, the tuna ---- even the vegetable dishes were delicious.After a nice bottle of Bordeaux, there was no room for dessert, but I bet it would have been lovely!

• Visited July 2013
Washingrton DC
“One of the best meals, period !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

It was the best meal we had in Seattle. We also ate at Sitka and Spruce and Spinasse.
The restaurant had a lovely friendly atmosphere. The service was great. I had the English Pea soup, it was really good. Could have had another order of that ! We ordered a bunch of dishes to share. We liked it all. I bought the cook book, would love to try some of the dishes at home !

• Visited July 2013