“Who could argue with great food and a view to match”
Review of Ray's

Reserve with OpenTable
Ray's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 4,321 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Market St.
Transit: Metro Bus #86,Seaview Ave. NW Stop
Description: A Seattle icon since 1973, Ray’s Boathouse, Café & Catering is internationally renowned for its unparalleled Northwest seafood and breathtaking waterfront view of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains. Ray’s Boathouse is comfortably elegant, serving refined sustainable seafood, local meats and produce, and an extensive list of Northwest wines nightly. Ray’s Cafe is lively and fun, serving casual regional fare for lunch and dinner, with seasonal outdoor dining and a popular Happy Hour twice daily. Ray’s Catering offers professional full-service catering and a beautiful waterfront banquet room that is perfect for social and corporate entertaining.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We arrived at Ray's a little early this visit. For our efforts, we were rewarded with a million dollar view of the sun setting over the Olympic Mountains and the lights coming on around Puget Sound. Everyone in the dining room seemed to be in a great mood, and we were as well when we tasted our entree.
I always try to put Ray's on my schedule because I enjoy the rotating fish specials. This is one of the only fish restaurants where I expand my palate to experiment with new types of fish or preparations because I trust Ray's to do it right.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We went for happy hour, to economize as we are older and have small appetite. Could only use happy hour menu in the bar which was crowded already @ 4:15. So needless to say we had leftovers to take out, which is not convenient when one is staying in a motel..so some expensive food was wasted! We have eaten in resturants with friendlier staff...the hostess was soft spoken and hard to understand what she was trying to say about the happy hour menu(I am not hard of hearing!) And as Susan T said, the rolls were cold and hard.

Douglas Z, General Manager at Ray's, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for alerting me to our shortcomings during your most recent visit. We appreciate your feedback. I will be discussing this with our front desk team today. Please extend my apologies to your guests.
Douglas Zellers

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We enjoy Seattle because of the fine restaurants and fresh seafood . The Boathouse is a perfect Seattle dining experience. The food was exceptional and the waiter was top notch (don't recall his name but he had glasses and a shaved head and was clearly very experienced). Great wine selection and delightful atmosphere. We shall return.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We went there for an early birthday dinner and everything was fantastic. John, our server, was engaging and knowledgable and the food was great! Well done.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Beautiful view out by the Ballard Locks. The fireplace was cozy. The chowder was fantastic, but the rolls were cold and hard. The fish in the fish and chips was good, but I didn't care for the chips and the slaw was fairly tasteless.

1  Thank Susan T

Been to Ray's? Share your experiences!