“Wow!”

La Carta de Oaxaca
Ranked #305 of 4,098 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Ballard
Florence, Italy
“Wow!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Browsing among the incredibly unique shops in Ballard, we stopped here for lunch. The place was packed but we managed to snag two choice seats at the counter. Somewhat noisy (not a place for quiet conversation) but it more than makes up for this with the f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s food! Fresh hand made tortillas are included with most menu items. We watched the fresh tortillas being prepared right in front of us. We started with chips and guacamole and then on to halibut tacos (for me) and vegetarian tostadas (for my husband). Service is quick and friendly. My tacos were over the top! We'll be back! Tremendous value. We noted that a Azteca location around the corner (one of the biggest chains of Mexican restaurants in Seattle) was now boarded up and closed. No wonder with such first rate Mexican food just a few feet away at La Carta de Oaxaca! :-)

• Visited June 2014

Seattle, Washington
“I almost hate to review this place!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Ok so I put May as the month I went but I go here at least twice a month and for the past two years! The halibut and carne asada tacos and the spicy tequila are my favorite but you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. But please don't come on Thursdays so I can still get a seat at the bar!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank cyprusgirl1269
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Very Good”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I have visited here twice. Both times we had very good food and good service. The restaurant is very small and the seating is tight, so be prepared to wait for a seat and to be able to hear your neighbors complete conversation. If you're looking for a place to have a romantic Mexican dinner this is not it.

So like I said their food is very good I do believe there is better Mexican at some other local establishments.

Visited April 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Worth the extra trip”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

It is outside Seattle in Ballard but it is worth the quick trip! Plus Ballard is a great area and if you have the chance to explore you shouldn't miss it. Cool shops and restaurants etc. La Carta is hole in the wall, family cooking at it's best. We sat at the counter because as always it was busy but we watched them making their homemade tortillas during our meal so it turned out to be wonderful. Wanted to try something new but couldn't pass up the chilles rellenos but I promise to try something new next time. They have a salsa bar that you can try from mild to hot hot! Be prepared for busy but delicious!

Visited April 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Muy bueno”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great ambiance, excellent food, speedy service. Love the black mole, it's so rich and velvety, it is truly sublime. And the fresh tortillas are delicious.

Visited February 2014