“Fresh, authentic food” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Carta de Oaxaca
Ranked #250 of 4,059 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Ballard
s. fla
“Fresh, authentic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

So glad to beat the rush to the very popular place in Ballard.
Our host suggested we try it and we were not disappointed.
Great, fresh handmade tortillas and salsas are a real treat also.
Got there at 5:00 when they opened and it was jam packed by 5:45. That tells you it's good!

Visited May 2013

Utah
“Awesome food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was in Seattle for a business trip and found La Carta through Urban Spoon. Saturday night and my friend and I waited 20 minutes -- totally worth it! the place is tiny, service was great, they have a self-serve salsa bar, warm tortilla chips and homemade guacamole. i ordered the #24 chicken enchiladas with an incredible cream sauce. Amazing! Would definitely go again!

Visited April 2013
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I traveled through Oaxaca on an adventure 25 years ago and this restaurant was better then my then-pocketbook could afford. Good margarita, great tamale with mole, but get there early. We showed up when they opened at 5 and got a table right away; by 5:15 people were lined up at the door.

Visited April 2013
Bellevue, Washington
“Handmade goodness that hits the spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I had a great experience at La Carta de Oaxaca. We were seated at the side bar and while I wasn't thrilled about this at first, I actually enjoyed because we could see women making food right in front of us. I can attest that everything you order is very much handmade!

I had the chicken mole and my husband had halibut tacos. Both were absolutely delicious, and completely cured our cravings for something flavorful that would offset our afternoon beer. Mole was complex in flavor - both toasty and sweet. Halibut was seasoned nice and had a great spice. The tortillas are hand rolled and made to order.

Good service despite being extremely busy. Great atmosphere, tastefully decorated. It's definitely a restaurant about the food - no hokey Mexican theme or giant margaritas.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wailuku, Hawaii, USA
“"Worth the Wait!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had to wait about 30 minutes for a table. The chips and guacamole was yummy. My husband's pork with black mole was outstanding. He loves Mexican food and commented that he has not tasted any mole that good. I had the prawns marinated with lime, chile & garlic which was delicious although quite spicy for me. Still I managed to eat most of it with the help of the rice and beer. Would definitely come back again!

• Visited March 2013