“The place to eat in Seattle”
Review of Palisade

Palisade
Reserve with OpenTable
Palisade is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 4,271 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The view on a summer evening is world class, the marina, downtown Seattle, the ferries scooting across Elliott Bay, West Seattle all crowned by Mt Rainier in the distance. It does not get any better. We held several of our office dinners here because it was so good. One was disrupted by snow. We were well taken care of. The service has always been great. One night we had a new wait person and we got an apology and gift certificate as we left. We had not noticed a problem. The food was great. This is a place to have fish, crab, seafood etc. It just goes with the setting. There is even a stream going through the entry way with fish and sea stars. You can not do better

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is our second favorite place in Seattle. Located on the Puget Sound near Pier 90 this intimate restaurant with a Salmon Pool under the floor is a must.

The restaurant has been remodeled, the menu rewritten, and no matter if you sit in the bar or in the restaurant area you will enjoy this experience.

We enjoy sitting outside on a small porch off the bar, enjoying the view, and eating off the bar menu.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had business associates in from out of the country and couldn't get a table at Salty's, so tried Palisade. It turns out that, while their spread isn't as overwhelmingly large as Salty's, it is significantly better. Higher quality and variety crab, shrimp/prawns are de-veined, and the macadamia pancakes are fantastic. Additionally, it is cheaper than Salty's AND you get a second breakfast, which I ask them to box up because we focus on the buffet AND kids eat for about half the price.

Your view of Seattle is from the North, so not the picturesque skyline laid out like West Seattle, but the view is still impressive. More importantly, since we went to Palisade, we haven't been back to Salty's. It's that much better.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I took my girlfriend to Seattle for the weekend with intentions of proposing, and with advice from the TripAdvisor crowd I contacted Palisade for help with my evening. The staff (thank you Rebecca) were beyond helpful, and the food was delicious. The wait staff were never obtrusive and gave us space to enjoy our night, but were always available before we even realized we needed them. The view was astounding, our table was perfect, and the atmosphere was both relaxing & romantic - even when it started to get busy, we never felt crowded or ignored. I thought the prices were very reasonable for what we got, and I loved a few of the extra touches they provided us (rose petals & congratulatory note on the table, car service back to our hotel, etc).
I can't say enough about the staff at Palisade, or the food - we both loved what we had, my only complaint was I didn't save enough room for more dessert! The Chocolate Bread Pudding was to die for, but the Kung Pao Calamari was so good I didn't mind giving up dessert room to start with it for an appetizer.
I wish I lived closer to Seattle, I would visit this restaurant fairly regularly, but it's a guarantee we'll be back when we're in town. If price is a sticking point for people, the First Seating Menu was a great value & I thoroughly enjoyed my choices of the Bisque, Prime Rib & the Chocolate Bread pudding - not only was the food well above my expectations (after reading some of the reviews, I wasn't 100% sure what to expect), I was very full & happily satisfied.
Again, my thanks to Rebecca & the staff - they helped make our evening perfect in all regards & that won't soon be forgotten.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visited Palisade for Dine Around Seattle last year and were thrilled with the food and service so we decided to make a reservation again this year. We arrived and were greeted by; "We're still seating some earlier customers, we will try to get you a table as close to your reservation time as we can." Not a good start of an evening but well, perhaps some customers enjoyed additional glass of wine and caused a little delay we thought. No problem. That can happen, and the great table by the window with view of the marina made up for the little wait.

We ordered from the fixed Dine Around Seattle Menu. The Dungeness Crab & Lobster Bisque was fantastic; however the remaining items were not up to part, the prime rib was a good size but not especially flavorful, and my pork tenderloin came overdone.

And to top things off, our bill came before the desert was even served.

Needless to say I was rather disappointed this time.

Been to Palisade? Share your experiences!