“Love this cafe”
Review of Collections Cafe

Collections Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Collections Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 4,416 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boad Street
Transit: The monorail runs every 15 minutes from the Westlake Center on 5th Avenue and Pike Street to the Collections Cafe.
Description: Dine on delicious dishes created with local, fresh ingredients at Seattle's most unique destination for lunch, dinner or weekend brunch. While you enjoy our Pacific Northwest-inspired menu, you'll be surrounded by many of Dale Chihuly's colorful collections. You might share your table with toy soldiers, 1950s cameras or transistor radios. Pair your meal with a fresh lemonade or choose from a hand-picked collection of craft beers and Washington and Oregon premium wines. Inside, enjoy spruce plank walls, bright green chairs and the stunning back-lit Drawing Wall with 36 of Chihuly's drawings or, when the sun shines, toast its warmth on one of two patios in the heart of Seattle Center. Extend your experience by visiting Chihuly Garden and Glass. Everywhere you look, you'll be inspired. Between May 27th and September 5th, Collections Cafe will serve Brunch from 10am to 4pm.
Reviewed April 24, 2015

Very nice spot for lunch or light dinner. Excellent service and great menu with interesting choices. Soup and Caesar was so tasty. The chocolate dessert with homemade ice cream and blood orange slices was terrific. Nice wine list. Welcomed the opportunity to return and will visit again.

Reviewed April 15, 2015

We had lunch here while visiting the Chihuly Gardens. Our server was prompt and friendly, and the food was very good. We both had the steak salad. This is a nice compromise between the fast food places in the food court, and the expensive restaurant at the top of the Space Needle.

Reviewed April 11, 2015

A friend told us they were going to Easter brunch at a new (to them) place called Collections at the Seattle Center and since we needed to make plans for the day as well, made reservations there too. I really had no expectations or idea of what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised to find myself in a clean, modern, beautifully designed, light and airy space in the shadow of the Space Needle and attached to the Chihuly Glass Museum.
We ended up in the garden room as we prefer to eat al fresco whenever its warm enough, but had we sat inside we would have had a table with a glass top covering a collection of something. My friend said their table had a collection of radios. The ladies room had a huge collection of bottle openers incased on the wall.
We sat comfortably under a heat lamp in an enclosed out door space that felt like a glass house. The menu was limited, but the food we ordered was delicious. They also had beignets on the menu and while they weren't really like the New Orleans, Cafe Du Monde ones, they were still delicious, especially with the bananas foster dipping sauce.
Our waiter Peter was friendly, personable and efficient, although a little quicker response on the coffee refill would have been nice.
All in all, we left thinking we'd like to come back soon and try dinner or lunch!

Reviewed April 10, 2015

We had lunch at Collections café yesterday after going to the Pompeii exhibit. We had about a 10 minute wait. The staff were great, friendly and answered all our questions. We both had the burgers, cooked to perfection, pink and juicy. We both had desert, my husband the fantastic chocolate desert, myself ice cream, a bit much, 3 large scoops, both could have been shared. The price is a bit on the high side but not outrageous. We were lucky, it is on the Passport card so good for us. Would go back again if I was at the center for an event.

Reviewed March 31, 2015

My friend and I had been photographing the glass sculptures at the Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum so stopped for lunch at the associated Collections Cafe. Our server greeted us warmly and immediately took us to a table decorated with one of the cafe's iconic collections in a shadowbox below the table.

I ordered a smoked duck sandwich made with a croissant and garnished with fig jam and a cup of clam chowder. My friend ordered yam-stuffed ravioli. Our food arrived after just a short wait and I found the clam chowder, apparently made with a touch of cheese as the creamy base had a golden appearance, to be absolutely outstanding. I was also surprised by the generous portion since it was supposedly only a cup of soup and not a bowl. My friend took a bite of her ravioli and she said it was marvelous. My smoked duck was also flavorful although I had a bit of a struggle trying to keep the croissant from falling apart after I removed the toothpick.

Of course, part of the enjoyment at this restaurant is to look at all of the collectibles arranged on the shelves and hanging from the ceiling. It made for a very tasty and interesting experience.

2  Thank mharrsch