“Best Bacon ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Redmond, Washington
“Best Bacon ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had bacon and french toast and it was amazing. I will be heading back. Everything looks and smells amazing. Is very busy and small so you may have to wait.

• Visited November 2012

Freeland, Washington
“Yum! Handmade deliciousness!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

This review is actually for the B & O on Leary in Ballard. I couldn't access it on TripAdvisor. Oh, my! One of the best Mocha Valencia coffees I've ever tasted. Lovely Turkish coffee. Beautiful crepes, pastries, and Egyptian breakfasts. Such great quality!! A breakfast adventure!

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“A Seattleite Secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you're in Seattle and have access to a car or are willing to cab it, the B&O Espresso is my very favorite local spot! My mom has been coming here since the 1978 when it was still just a tiny shop where you could get your favorite desserts to go. Now it is a full restaurant!

We had a scare for a couple years where they were thinking of taking down the building, but with the help of all their fans they've simply moved to Leary Way and will be back on the same corner of Belmont and Olive.

BEST DESSERTS ANYWHERE. The Hot pot is for chocolate lovers, the apple crisp is killer (served sizzling in a cast iron skillet, real chunky sweet crumble, and homemade ice cream), their dessert style coffee drinks are so nice in the winter time (Snickers anyone?), a german chocolate cake that my mom still asks for on her birthday, and they have some unique ones that hit the spot for some and not so much for others. My favorite of those is a greek custard which is basically a phyllo dough crust with a little bit of sweet custard inside and they give you a little cup of rosewater orange syrup to drizzle over the top. WHAT.

You can also go for dinner (they have some great sandwiches) and do some people watching, but make sure you stay for the desserts.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Elizabeth H
Seattle
“How lucky I am, this restaurant has moved close to me at last!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've been a customer of B&O since they first opened in the mid 1970s. I would go there every Friday night for their sachertorte as a reward for the hard week at work. As time went by I became less likely to go there, as I no longer lived close to hand, yet every time I did I always left with happy tastebuds.
To my great pleasure, they have moved five minutes from my current home. The pastries are as succulent as ever, although the sachertorte is not on the menu as regularly as I would like. This is probably a good thing, as I am spared the calories. But the rumballs, the Budapest torte, oh my. In the savory department their eggplant with pomegranate spread is a delicious combo of spicy and sweet. I don't want them to move back to Capitol Hill!!!! My all-time favorite place for a celebratory dessert in Seattle for more than 30 years.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank LSBPHD
Seattle, WA
“Temporarily Closed Due to Construction...Visit the Leary Way Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

A new multi-story apartment is being built on this corner, but the B&O will be back in two years on the same spot and better than ever. Visit their interim location on Leary Way for breakfast, pastries and coffee drinks.

Visited January 2013