“What Happened???”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I used to love this restaurant! We hadn't been here for about 10 years. We went for a very early dinner at approximately 4 pm on a Sunday afternoon. The place looks the same, but the food has done a 180. Gone is the complimentary antipasto plate and gone are the competent chefs. We ordered the crispy calamari with lemon garlic aioli. It was not crispy because it was barely cooked and it came to us cold and rather limp. The aioli was more like mayo. I ordered the hazelnut cappelletti. The cappelletti was pasty, and the sauce was, as well. Apparently, they have stopped using seasoning of any kind. What a letdown. My husband ordered the chicken scallopini alla marsala. It was actually not bad.

I've read that the SeaTac 13 Coins might still be good, but the Seattle one was most definitely two thumbs down and we won't be going back to pay a price like that for that quality of food.

2  Thank MikelAnneA

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The 70's called and they want their menu back. Just awful food. I don't know how they're still in business. I felt like i was transported to the Midwest circa 1974. Everything tasted ready made and reheated.

3  Thank o p
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Overall, I liked this place. I wouldn't rave about the food, but it was a good brunch. I had the Vegetarian omlet and did love how many veggies were in it. Sometimes it's more egg than filling at other restaurants, but this was a nice portion. I'm not a hash browns person but I will say that they were delicious!! The overall ambience of the place was pretty stellar. I loved the decor and the way people had their own little intimate nook to sit in if they wanted. The chairs at the bar and the art were pretty great as well.

1  Thank jesslyons
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have eaten breakfast here numerous times and always love it. Decided to try dinner since we were righght next door. Very disappointing. Wife had the Beef Filet, and I had Prime Rib. Both cuts were of very poor quaulity. I don't even think they were Choice grade...if they were they were killed in the cooking process. Filet shold melt in you mouth...it was dry and chewy. Prime Rib texture was rubbery. Very disappointing. The Calamari was done perfectly and the Creme Brulee was good...alittle too thick but good. All in all when you spend $220 on dinner for two your expect a heck of alot more.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We try to sit at the counter at the corner seats by the hostess station. Great view of the cook line and other patrons at counter. Great food, good service, good selection. We go about 5PM so seating is not a problem. They have good parking close by.