“Spectacular - get a seat at the bar”
Review of Shiro's

Shiro's
Ranked #63 of 4,168 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belltown
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
“Spectacular - get a seat at the bar”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Get a seat at the bar and Shiro will prepare his favorites that day for you. Not a cheap meal but for the best sushi I've had it is definitely worth every penny.

• Korean first
“Go there as early as possible!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It starts from 5:30pm. But either reserve early, either go there early and they can help make a reservation at around 7 ~ 8 pm. It's better to sit at the sushi bar, talking with the chef is really great!

Visited July 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Best sushi I've ever had!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I could write a really long, detailed review on Shiro's. But I won't. Just go there. It's the best sushi I've ever had in my life (and trust me, I've eaten everywhere). Soooooo good. Do the Omakase. I would recommend a reservation, we didn't and got lucky. Someday I will return....

Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best sushi!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The sushi and sashimi quality was fantastic! On a recommendation from our waitress at Elliott's Oyster House, we tried Shiro's. This was true sushi and sashimi, the way they were meant to be. Such fresh fish. No fishy smell. I wish we had known about the "omakase". If you do an omakase at a table, you get a pre-fixe meal, from appetizer to dessert, for $65/person. If you do an omakase at the sushi bar, you let the chef give you whatever he wants. You can reserve a table, but not a place at the sushi bar. My husband and I plan to come back to Seattle to try the sushi bar omakase. Can't wait!

Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Fresh nigiri, basic rolls.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place came recommended to us by someone who knows Seattle restaurants, and we were not disappointed. Service was solid, and the fish very fresh. The rolls were good, but there wasn't a lot of variety or creativity on that front. If you want a seat at the bar, come early - there was a line out the door 20 people deep at 5:30 on a Sunday night - because they don't take reservations for the bar. We had a table reserved, and sat right down. The place was packed by 6pm, so call for a reservation to be sure of timely seating. I'm a big fan of rolls, so I think we'll probably go somewhere else next time, but if I were taking friends from out of town for sushi, I'd consider coming here for certain.