WINNER WONDERLAND

Shiro's
Ranked #54 of 3,983 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Belltown
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The sushi and sashimi quality was fantastic! On a recommendation from our waitress at Elliott's Oyster House, we tried Shiro's. This was true sushi and sashimi, the way they were meant to be. Such fresh fish. No fishy smell. I wish we had known about the "omakase". If you do an omakase at a table, you get a pre-fixe meal, from appetizer to dessert, for $65/person. If you do an omakase at the sushi bar, you let the chef give you whatever he wants. You can reserve a table, but not a place at the sushi bar. My husband and I plan to come back to Seattle to try the sushi bar omakase. Can't wait!

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Seattle, Washington
“Fresh nigiri, basic rolls.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place came recommended to us by someone who knows Seattle restaurants, and we were not disappointed. Service was solid, and the fish very fresh. The rolls were good, but there wasn't a lot of variety or creativity on that front. If you want a seat at the bar, come early - there was a line out the door 20 people deep at 5:30 on a Sunday night - because they don't take reservations for the bar. We had a table reserved, and sat right down. The place was packed by 6pm, so call for a reservation to be sure of timely seating. I'm a big fan of rolls, so I think we'll probably go somewhere else next time, but if I were taking friends from out of town for sushi, I'd consider coming here for certain.

Nairobi
“will do it again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My greatest experience in Seattle. Great sushi experience. We sat at the table and didn't do omakase because of time - next time though! We did ask for the chef's choice for our second set of orders and it was fabulous!

Wait was great and attentive. Did take a little while to get the check to them though, almost as if they didn't want us to pay. :-) all wait staff boys and girls - very cute. :-)

Great service, great food, great evening! Will do this again when I am in Seattle!

Visited June 2013
Santa Barbara, California, United States
“OMG -The best ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

we sat at the sushi bar and totally enjoyed being served by the sushi chef. we let him pick our sushi for us and we weren't disappointed. The freshest sushi I think we have ever had. yummy and well worth the wait and expense....

San Francisco, California
“Best Sushi in Seattle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Very authentic. No cream cheese or seared beef here. Omakase is the best idea. They will not steer you wrong and ensure you get the best they have to offer that night, with a lot of variety. That being said, the miso black cod is incredible. Service is great.

Without a reservation, you will have to wait. The sushi bar is first come, first serve. People start lining up before 5 pm outside for the doors to open.

This is my favorite place in Seattle for sushi, and every bit as good as sushi I've had throughout Asia.

• 3 of 5 bubbles