“Great Valentines dinner!!”
Review of AQUA by El Gaucho

AQUA by El Gaucho
Reserve with OpenTable
AQUA by El Gaucho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 4,110 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Broad Street
Description: Named Gayot's Top Ten Seafood Restaurants in America in 2012, AQUA by El Gaucho sparkles at the tip of Pier 70, offering Seattle's best waterfront dining experience. In addition to fantastic views and ambiance, guests are treated to the legendary El Gaucho personalized, fine-dining service and live music nightly. Our award-winning wine list, coupled with a menu highlighting fresh wild seafood preparations, as well as 28-Day Dry-Aged Niman Ranch All-Natural Certified Angus Beef(R) Brand Prime steaks and custom aged Certified Angus Beef(R) Brand, are all prepared on an open-pit charcoal grill in the exhibition kitchen. AQUA by El Gaucho delivers a quintessential Seattle fine dining experience.
Seattle
“Great Valentines dinner!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Great food, great ambience, and exceptional service. The staff can make or break any restaurant. The people here are the best of the best!! Cheers to yet another fun night!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
“Great views and food, service that goes the extra mile!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I visited in Valentine's night, which is typically a tough night at any restaurant. The pace of the meal was perfect, and not too slow. A couple in their restaurant brought their screeching toddler to dinner (fyi, this is not the kind of place to bring a toddler, especially for a late seating on Valentine's night.) The staff did a nice job of trying to discreetly quiet the child, to benefit the other diners, without offending the parents of the child. At one point, I even saw a waiter pick up the child and bounce him up and down in an effort to calm him. It was an impressive way to handle the situation and rude/oblivious parents of the child.

Great reviews all around. Staff was attentive but not overbearing. Food was very good. The crab linguine was great. Views are incredible. Restaurant is pretty large and a little dark, but still a nice ambiance. The wait staff was very knowledgeable about the food and the wine, and really friendly.

Highly recommend this place for a special night out. Will definitely visit again!

• Visited February 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Go to Restaurant in Seattle”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I knew this restaurant when it was called Waterfront. It has now changed names but basically it's the same place. We arrived on a cold gloomy night (typical Seattle) and ordered martinis. They were the best martini's we ever had. this bar tender know exactly how to mix a drink and we were very impressed.

Our waiter Marck was excellent. He recommended entrees and when we wanted to change it slightly, he assured us that they could accommodate any food request we had. We ordered the Thai fish stew and the scallops Fettuccine, both were EXCELLENT and worth the price.

In the warm months, the view and seating on the deck would be fantastic. They have a panorama view of Puget sound!

I would definitely return here when I'm in Seattle.

• Visited January 2013
“Loved the food, and the service”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant with good seafood and we found it! The seafood platter for 2 was incredible, even the best mashed potatoes I have ever had! The service was great, friendly and they let the guest pick the pace they wanted to eat at, not rushed at all. My husband had the bread pudding on the suggestion of the waiter and although he thought he was full he managed to eat the whole thing it was so good. The prices are not for most people's everyday meal, but for a special occasion I would highly recommend Aqua. They also offered us the shuttle when we left, so no waiting for a taxi, which was a very nice touch.

Connecticut
“excellent food, ambiance needs some work”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I had this as a final note, but since it was a first impression, it should be first. A quick note about the first impression. (I hope management reads this portion). What an absolutely disastrous first impression! We walked through the first set of double doors into dimly lit foyer. Scattered about were chairs lining the wall, in some places two or three deep, and then large padded double doors leading into the restaurant. I felt like we were in a storage closest. For a restaurant of this caliber, what an eyesore to start out the night....fix it!

If you get the right table, this is a very good restaurant. We started out with a window table for 4. We lasted at that table for about 30 seconds. Several tables along the windows have dreadful lighting. We simply moved over a table toward the middle and the experience was far better. (to give you an idea, two couples took the table after we did and they used pen lights to read the menu. If THAT doesn't clue management in on the lighting issue, I don't know what will)

Great selection of seafood. The swordfish was the best I ever had as I normally do not eat swordfish since I am not a fan of swordfish (or salmon) steaks. This was a wonderful fillet.

The usual appetizers of tuna tartare and shrimp cocktail were good. The dark chocolate ganache was very good. It's rich enough to share with a few people.

I would recommend Aqua. Just don't be afraid to go far a better table.

• Visited December 2012

Been to AQUA by El Gaucho? Share your experiences!