“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of AQUA by El Gaucho

AQUA by El Gaucho
Reserve with OpenTable
AQUA by El Gaucho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 4,250 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Broad Street
Description: Named Gayot's Top Ten Seafood Restaurants in America in 2012, AQUA by El Gaucho sparkles at the tip of Pier 70, offering Seattle's best waterfront dining experience. In addition to fantastic views and ambiance, guests are treated to the legendary El Gaucho personalized, fine-dining service and live music nightly. Our award-winning wine list, coupled with a menu highlighting fresh wild seafood preparations, as well as 28-Day Dry-Aged Niman Ranch All-Natural Certified Angus Beef(R) Brand Prime steaks and custom aged Certified Angus Beef(R) Brand, are all prepared on an open-pit charcoal grill in the exhibition kitchen. AQUA by El Gaucho delivers a quintessential Seattle fine dining experience.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had a party of six on Friday night. The table was ready on time. We are friends who had not seen each other in a bit so we really lingered and it was no problem. All plates hit the table at the same time. Prices are reasonable. Service great (as I would expect with the El Gaucho connection). Food was great. We'll certainly return.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Loved this place. The vibe here is excellent. Great views of the water. Food is outstanding!

Had a 9pm res, after the UFC Event this past weekend. Altered res, still sat very quickly.

The piano player is incredible! Played Blister in the Sun, Sweet Caroline, Stairway to Heaven, Start Me Up all by request. Difficult to remember a piano player with that kind of portfolio.

Service was really good. Leeann took such good care of us and was so cool!

Our awesome eats:
Apps - Crab Cocktail, Tuna Tartar, Wicked Shrimp
Entrees - Hawaiian Crusted Swordfish, 1.5 lb Maine Lobster
Sides - Mascarpone Risotto, Crab Mac N Cheese, Sweet Yellow Corn, Cedar Plank Veggies
Dessert - Bread Pudding, Dark Choc Ganache, Sorbets

Highly highly recommend!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went for a combined Thanksgiving dinner and son's 15th birthday. We got there about 10 minutes early so had to wait a bit. The bar was full, but we found a corner by the piano bar to wait - my husband needed to sit. I went to the bar to ask about beers and the host/bartender willing brought a taste of a local beer over to my husband so he could try it first. Nice touch!

When I made the reservation, I indicated it was my son's birthday. Every person there wished him a happy birthday. The table was strewn with rose petals and there was a card on the table which all the staff signed. Dessert came with a candle (and gratis!). all in all, a lovely birthday.

And the food was wonderful. We all had the Thanksgiving turkey. The side of corn was excellent, the macaroni and cheese not so much. Too 'fancy' for Thanksgiving (truffle oil, etc). I had the fish chowder as a starter and it was lovely. I appreciated that our server steered me away from the crab bisque - in her opinion, it wasn't 'crabby' enough.

The setting is beautiful as well. The only negative - I do thing the $5-$7 valet fee a bit silly for such a high priced restaurant.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The view, the food, and service are marvelous. We are locals and often go and sit in the Bar area and have a salad, a few drinks, enjoy the view watching the sailboats pass by, and listen to some good piano music.

The restaurant is close to five star and the service is exceptional.

Enjoy!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Excellent wine collection. I had the 1.5 lb deep fried crispy rock fish! Done to perfection! Dreamy really....