“What can I say. The best of the best.”
Review of El Gaucho Seattle

El Gaucho Seattle
Reserve with OpenTable
El Gaucho Seattle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 4,300 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Belltown
Cross street: Wall Street
Description: Named as "the definitive steakhouse in the country," El Gaucho's award-winning menu features 28-Day Dry-Aged Niman Ranch All-Natural Certified Angus Beef(R) Brand Prime steaks and custom aged Certified Angus Beef(R) brand tenderloin filets, ribs, pork, poultry and the freshest seafood, all prepared to perfection over an open bed of glowing coals in an exhibition-style kitchen. Our extensive wine list is award-winning, and happy hour menu is widely recognized as one of Seattle's best. Live music is offered nightly. El Gaucho is the Northwest's steakhouse legacy focused on old-school, tableside service. We revel in helping guests create a night to remember.
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The atmosphere here is romantic. Customer service is superb. The food is beyond delicious. Live music. There isn't much to add other than they are the #1 restaurant in Seattle that I would recommend. It's pricey but well worth it.

El Gaucho S, Public Relations Manager at El Gaucho Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Hi Anastasiya,

Thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guest, and we're so glad that you enjoyed a true El Gaucho Seattle experience. We strive to deliver world class food and service every night to each guest, and we love hearing that not only have we hit the mark, but are deemed your top restaurant in Seattle. That's fantastic! Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Cheers!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

From the valet parking, to the coat check "girl" (the right word for this "supper club" venue), to the hostess, to the waiters in evening wear, to the dark room with subdued lighting, to the hustle of all the wait staff on the floor, to the spectacular goings on in the open kitchen and at the tables, to the piano playing in the background, to the perfect martini, the caesar salad prepared table-side, the delicious steak prepared to order, the lobster mashed potatoes (what?), the roasted corn, coffee, then back out into the cold - what an experience! (sorry we were too stuffed for dessert.) Take the max out of the ATM, go to El Gaucho and enjoy!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

El Gaucho has lovely main room with a nice atmosphere for a special occasion. The service is excellent with very well made cocktails. Request the main room, even with reservations. The basement and private dining room is not as nice as the main first floor room.The wine list has an extensive red wine selection, but quite limited for white wine (I know that most people go to El Gaucho for steaks). Our appetizers were very good, in particular the scallops. My wife had rack of lamb and I had a NY peppercorn steak. My steak and wife's lamb arrived warm. The lamb was a bit under cooked, even for medium rare. My steak was cooked perfectly, other than arrived warm at best. For such a restaurant know for excellent steaks, I can not understand why it does not arrive at the table hot, right off the grill. It's expensive about $150/person with cocktails, two appetizers, and single glasses of wine, and coffee. If the food arrived hot, I might have given a better rating. Would I return - probably not, even for a special occasion. Seattle has way to many better choices.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I came out to visit my mother who just moved to Seattle from the east coast, we we're recommended this place by a bunch of different people!

We decided to do an early dinner and had a 5:30 reservation. We were immediately taken to a wonderful two person corner booth. Immediately greeted with water and garlic bread, and our server, Mock (Mach?) was SO friendly! He explained that he is also a chef, so we should not hesitate to ask him any questions about he menu being that it was our first visit. He also gave us some insight into the history of the steakhouse as well.

While our cocktails were delicious, I had to send the first one back because the martini glass had a size able chip along the rim. I received as second drink almost immediately, the second glass also had a few small chips as well. Disappointing when I paid $13 for this drink! The bartender should have made sure there were NO issues with that glass, but the drink was still delicious.

Before ordering, the sommelier came over and introduced himself, James, and he was very knowledgable. We told him to come back when we Made our dinner selection to talk wine.

We were not thrilled with the oysters as our appetizer, but ate about half the order. Mock was excellent when it came to the meal, he actually told us that we could order half of the shareable sides so they would not be too much. We settled on the table side carved chateaubriand, which is served with your choice of potato and asparagus. The steak was wonderfully prepared, the cliff sauce was amazing! Definitely go with the potatoes Au gratin, they were indulgent and cooked perfectly!

James came back to discuss wine options, and after discussing that we both enjoy a good Pinot noir, he pointed out the perfect bottle from Oregon state, known for their Pinot noir. The price point was perfect, he did not hesitate to point out a perfect selection, which we enjoyed throughout our meal. I even kept the cork and bottle to remember this perfect evening out.

We finished with a port wine and coffee drink, and were served a beautiful fruit, nut and cheese plate, we were so full we couldn't have dessert, but the table side bananas foster and cherries jubilee looked fun!

The price is worthwhile for the service alone, they made our evening out a night to remember. Quite the dining experience.

I'll have to come back next time we are out here for a visit. I cannot recommend highly enough.

El Gaucho S, Public Relations Manager at El Gaucho Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Hi Slick_Tracy,

Thank you for your feedback and 5-star review! We always appreciate hearing from our guests, and we love hearing that you and your mom enjoyed a true El Gaucho Seattle experience. Thank you for pointing out the glassware issue and we will certainly look into that. We will pass along your praise to Maik and James for their terrific service, and to our chef team for the food.

We look forward to serving you again the next time your travels bring you to Seattle.

Cheers!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

El Gaucho is a wonderful experience. When you walk into the restaurant, you immediately travel back in time to the Rat Pack era.

This restaurant has no windows, and that's not a bad thing. It's dimly lit (but don't worry, you'll receive a little personal menu light to help you see what to order), and that adds to the experience.

The food is fairly expensive, but you get what you pay for. Everything I've tried has been delicious. I highly suggest the Steak El Gaucho (filet mignon with lobster medallions). Tableside Caesar salad and bananas foster for dessert are also delicious and make for a great experience as the chef prepares them right at your table (the bananas foster dessert is complete with huge flames during preparation!)

The service is top notch. Very respectful and professional, without being hoity-toity. When my girlfriend got up to walk to the restroom, another member of the wait staff was quick to offer her his arm to escort her there.

Could not recommend more!

El Gaucho S, Public Relations Manager at El Gaucho Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Hi Mike!

Thank you for your feedback and review! We strive to deliver world-class food and hospitality every night to each guest, and we love hearing when we hit the mark. We're so glad you enjoyed a true El Gaucho Seattle experience, including the ambiance, tableside service, and fare. We will pass along your comments to our kitchen and service teams.

We hope to see you again soon at any of our El Gaucho locations, as well as our seafood concept, AQUA by El Gaucho.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Been to El Gaucho Seattle? Share your experiences!