“Great but not quite Superb”
Review of El Gaucho Seattle

El Gaucho Seattle
Reserve with OpenTable
El Gaucho Seattle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 4,168 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Belltown
Cross street: Wall Street
Description: Named as "the definitive steakhouse in the country," El Gaucho's award-winning menu features 28-Day Dry-Aged Niman Ranch All-Natural Certified Angus Beef(R) Brand Prime steaks and custom aged Certified Angus Beef(R) brand tenderloin filets, ribs, pork, poultry and the freshest seafood, all prepared to perfection over an open bed of glowing coals in an exhibition-style kitchen. Our extensive wine list is award-winning, and happy hour menu is widely recognized as one of Seattle's best. Live music is offered nightly. El Gaucho is the Northwest's steakhouse legacy focused on old-school, tableside service. We revel in helping guests create a night to remember.
Seattle, Washington
“Great but not quite Superb”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently dined at El Gaucho for the 2nd time. The first time was a client dinner a couple years ago, and we splurged and everything was fantastic. The 2nd time was recently and I went during Seattle Restaurant Week since it was a great value (3 courses for only $28). Overall, a great experience, but a couple of mishaps along the way. My steak was ordered medium and it came out very rare, so I had to send it back. The side of mashed potatoes, while very tasty, were luke warm at best. Minor issues, but surprising at such a fine restaurant. The service was top notch, drinks were prepared to perfection, and the desserts were amazing. Overall an 8.5 out of 10, but El Gaucho has been around for a long time and for the prices they charge, they should be a 10 out of 10 at every visit. It is great place for a special occasion dinner or to take clients out (or to be taken out) and I will go back.

• Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Woodinville, WA
“great presentation but very spendy”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The showmanship with some of the dishes (flaming kebob, bananas foster, tableside caeser salad) is great fun and entertaining for a family. Just be prepared for the overall price tag as it is spendy. Gift certificates available at Seattle area Costco for $80 (gets you $100 gift card) so that helps. Location is easy walking access to other places (theatre, shopping) in Seattle and many major hotels.

• Visited December 2012
Seattle
“The best in Seattle”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great place to get a steak in Seattle. I have had fantastic meals at El Gaucho's, and particularly enjoyed the wine pairing with each course. The service is amazing. By far, the best service I've found in Seattle. Table side service for the caesar salad and some desserts. You get so much food! Yes, it's expensive but the quality is wonderful. I enjoyed my meal there so much, that I chose to eat there for my 50th birthday. For my birthday, I reserved a private room and menu. No extra charge, just meet the minimum which is easy to do.

I've downloaded their wine list from the website and used it at home to help guide my wine purchases!

• Visited August 2012
Redding, California
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Perfectly cooked fillet with spinach, and the fillet with lobster medallions, asparagus and Bernadine was excellent. We have been before and found the food and service to be top notch.

1 Thank bfh195
El Gaucho S, Public Relations Manager at El Gaucho Seattle, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for the 5 star review! We are thrilled to hear enjoyed a true El Gaucho experience. We strive to deliver unparalleled service and exceptional food to our guests and always appreciate hearing their thoughts on the experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at one of our locations next time you're in Seattle.

Cheers!
Sammamish, Washington
“BEST Steak Salad!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The atmopshere is great, the bartender was amazing, and best of all, the Steak Salad is the best I've EVER had!

Visited October 2012

Been to El Gaucho Seattle? Share your experiences!