“Very pricey. Very good. Not quite that good.”
Review of Carmelita - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Carmelita
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013

$18.00 for a lentil patty the size of a normal hamburger without the lettuce, tomato, pickles ... in other words, nothing but the little mound of tasty and crunchy lentils. It was very good but not that good. My companion had the spaetzel with horseradish cream. It was just ok, and also $18.00. Servers were very busy ... attentive at first then gone. All in all I think Carmelita's is good but a little precious as to pricing.

There are newer reviews for Carmelita

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I love eating vegetarian, but it's sometimes difficult to find a place that does it well enough to be satisfying. Carmelita's was wonderful. I had a pasta dish, my husband had a fantastic pizza. The most wonderful part of the meal this night was dessert. They had a brownie on special that was accompanied by a basil ice cream. This ice cream was better than almost any other ice cream I had ever had. Truly amazing. I suggested they put it on the menu permanently. Don't miss this place if you are in Seattle!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is not your average vegetarian food made of tofu or beans. These folks really know how to make gourmet, tasty and filling food and it sure is a great change to be able to order ANYthing from the menu!!!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Three of us enjoyed our dinner last night; we all agreed the food was creative and very well prepared. There are options for vegans and gluten-free options as well. Our group had gnocci seasoned with caraway, apple and cabbage, eggplant roulade with tomato jam, lentils and pickled cauliflower, and risotto with gruyere and chanterelles. Shared desert was a chocolate bread pudding (not too sweet and nicely chocolatey) with cinnamon ice cream. Our server was attentive and friendly but not at all obtrusive. As for beverages, 2 of us enjoyed our cocktails and our 3rd enjoyed a very tasty herbal iced tea. This is a nice option when you want a nice meal in a neighborhood joint with a low-key, adult vibe (although it appears to be a family friendly place given the clientele when we were there.)

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Intrigued by a vegetarian restaurant I went here but was very dissapointed. Food was below average (I typically enjoy vegetarian) and I felt the staff and food were pretentious, not to mention overpriced. I won't be returning.