“Bugs, bugs, bugs”
Review of BluWater Bistro

BluWater Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
BluWater Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #785 of 4,304 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We opened The 3rd BluWater Bistro location in the Leschi neighborhood on March 13, 2004. Mick McHugh handed the reigns over to us after 22 successful years of running the Leschi Lake Cafe. With a slight remodel we cozy'd up the place, added some fantastic rollback windows, high back booths, some flat screen TV's, and leather furniture by the fireplace. The menu reflects all the goodness that a cozy bistro should offer, including the ever famous & popular "Lake Side Cafe" Fish and Chips... gotta keep the neighborhood happy. Stop in for some brunch on the weekends or some late night food.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Oh, this place is terrible. A group of about 10 of us went here for a work lunch, and it was just bad. They served us bread with dipping oil, which would have been nice except there was a moth in the oil. And, there was a bug in my water glass. Just... nasty. The food was pretty bad as well, there are MUCH better choices on Lake Union. This place would be my last choice.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We took a short boat ride from the east side of Lake Washington and tied up at Bluwater Bistro on a beautiful sunday morning. We had reservations, but would have been seated immediately anyway as the restaurant was not that crowded. Our server was polite and efficient, and let us know right away that Bloody Mary's are only $3.50 at brunch. We didn't order anything specifically for our 5-year-old, but there was plenty of good food on each of our plates to share with her. We'd definitely go again.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were greeted promptly and received our water and bread within a moment or two of being seated. I liked the atmosphere of this restaurant. There weren't a lot of other diners (late lunch), but the background music was pleasant and the large windows provided good lighting. I had the seafood seviche. It was beautifully presented and tasted good. I had to eat all of the chips that came with it in order to feel satisfied. The guacamole was good too. I was a bit surprised that we weren't offered dessert. We might have ordered one since we were having a celebration.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Inspired food, casual setting, great drinks and a very nice water view make this one of my favorite lunch time getaways. Great tacos, great wild boar, and the best marguerita picantes that I've ever had.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

With the vast array of excellent restaurant choices for travelers to choose from in our fair city, I can't imagine leaving Seattle with either of the Bluwater locations as your taste of what we have to offer in the way of service or culinary delights. The food and service have always been mediocre over the years, and that remains to this day. While the two remaining locations are either convenient, or have nice views, they don't make up for what is sorely lacking - quality food or even marginal service. There was a previous reviewer who mentioned an overcharge to their bill. After six phone calls, and notification to the owner, there is still no resolution to my being charged three (!) times for the same meal. And no apologies offered for the mistake. Unforgivable. Stay away.