“Seafood Lover's Paradise”

Chandler's Crabhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chandler's Crabhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 4,300 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lake Union
Cross street: Aloha
Transit: South Lake Union Street Car
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Love, love, love the super selection of Pacific Northwest seafood! The service was stellar and the food delicious!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My party of four went here on a Saturday for Brunch at 11:30am. The restaurant was pretty empty. The location is right on the water so you can watch the birds flying by and the boats sailing in the river. We were seated right away in a booth as we had requested. Our server was a very kind Asian man who provided us with perfect service. Our kids entrees came super fast - even before other tables as our 3 year old was about to melt down. Everyone enjoyed their food - the crab cakes were very good (my Bellini was great!). We definitely enjoyed eating here and will return when in the area. We found everyone working there to be friendly.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Everything you would expect from a fine dining establishment - perfect service, excellent drinks, knowledgeable and friendly wait staff, wonderful food, no arguments when a problem was brought to the attention of the staff, just bending over backwards to fix it. All this and a wonderful view of Seattle's Lake Union. Winners: the signature Crab Cakes (of course), the Scallops with Wild Mushrooms & Ravioli, the Cioppino, the Oysters on the Half Shell (two different varieties). Losers: the Halibut which was mealy and did not smell fresh and was spirited away without question or pause and replaced with another crab cake in record time.

Definitely worth a return visit. We liked that it was a Tuesday and the Dodge the Ducks event was taking place on Lake Union - the sailboats with spinnakers flying gave a jaunty air to the entire evening.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was visiting Seattle with my 18 year old daughter and wanted to try the famous Dungeness crab, so made a point of seeking out the best place to eat it. A little research pointed me to Chandler's and it certainly lived up to its claims. We had a lakeside window table, and our waiter (Aaron I think) was very helpful in giving excellent advice regarding the various dishes. We had the "live Dungeness Crab" in its steamed variation, and it was wonderful (but of course quite a messy challenge, as all crab is).

One suggestion I could make - there were no finger bowls to rinse our hands while demolishing the crab - something I was quite surprised by. However, hot towels were provided on request at the end of the meal - but it would have been nice to have some way to rinse our fingers between "attacks" on the enormous crustaceans so beautifully cooked and presented.

Chandler's is not cheap by any means, but it's a great spot with a charming decor and ambience - and I'd certainly visit again if I'm in the area.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had dinner there this last weekend (couple). The room was beautiful with the most amazing view of Lake Union.

We arrived last minute and got in no problem. We ordered a bottle of wine that took half an hour to arrive because it was locked up and the Manager wasn't available - which we found strange and crazy. However after we got our wine everything was great.

I had the California Roll (dungeness crab) it was great and my husband had oysters which enjoyed a lot. We went onto have a crab cake (regular) with a small ceasar salad (very good) and my husband had the organic flat iron steak with mashed potatoes which was one of the best steaks we've ever had.

The atmosphere is very romantic although it does allow for families quite comfortably (there was a baby in the room). This would be a great date place but is a bit pricey, but you are paying not only for the great food but the awesome location.