“Very Good Grub”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 29, 2012

It had been years since I was at this place. It is looking a little bit tired but still pumps out delicious food with the best (anywhere) home made potatoe chips you will ever find. they are to die for excellent !!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

best breakfast i have had in a long time! had the lake union scramble and loved it, the chicken fried steak was awesome

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have eaten at 14 Carrots many times and always enjoyed the food. Service is fast too.
But my overall experience has been very different depending on whether I was just with adult friends or with my family and small kids.
The place is relatively small, has small tables and can be quite pack with people at times. It seems that the normal clientele are small groups of adults enjoying a quiet conversation or some singles eating their breakfast with a newspaper.
Whenever I have gone there with kids I haven't felt quite as comfortable. It is naturally subtle, but you get the wrong vibes from the looks of other customers when your child raise his/her voice or the akward service from the waiter/waitress.
On the other hand, when I have been there with friends, I have really enjoyed the place and loved the quieter environment for a good chat. So I can see both sides of the coin.
Good food anyway will have me come back. Love the Pacific scramble.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Had breakfast here at least 4 or 5 times this month. Food and coffee have always been good. Average for breakfast typically costs me at least $15-$18 per person, on the high side for me. I'd go more often if the price were less. Sitting at the window looking out at Eastlake Ave, drinking coffee, eating great food, chatting with my kids, enjoying the warmth of 14 Carrot's owner and servers.....very nice!

Reviewed December 7, 2011

Whimisical, comfy eatery with plenty to read ( they have loads of magazines and books) and if you forget your glasses they have a small barrel at cashier's area full of them! The pancakes come in some really interesting flavors. I also learned that not all folks from Seattle drink Starbucks. Cafe Vitta is the "Joe" of choice. Nice place to people watch both inside and out too!