“Great Food - But Wear a Poncho”
Review of Chaiyo

Chaiyo
Ranked #1,689 of 4,094 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Northgate
Seattle
“Great Food - But Wear a Poncho”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We eat here quite often. We ordered Sizzling Seafood for the first time last night (it turned out to be very good). When they present it at your table, a hot skillet is set down and the food placed in it - hence the sizzle. However - it splatters horribly. They try to catch the splatters with napkins placed by the skillet - but not very successfully.

When we got home - we noticed my husband's shirt and pants were totally covered with greasy splatters.

Presentation needs to change - we won't order it again.

Visited October 2011

Washington State
“Quite good. But a hair in the food?”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Went there last night with family and friends. I love that they had brown rice as an option.
Food was fresh and tasty.
However, my daughter's plate arrived with one long hair sticking out of it. I asked them to make a new one, which they did. Shockingly, no one apologized and they charged us for it. I didn't say anything.
I understand that accidents can happen, but I would have expected a major apology and a comped meal.
If it weren't for that, I'd have given them 5 stars.

• Visited August 2011
Seattle
“Favorite Thai in town-we go at least once a month”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I'm always amazed at how different Thai can taste depending on where you get it. This happens to be my favorite. We do both dine in and take out. Fast, friendly service from the same staff everytime. Do these people ever take a day off?! I don't think so! Dishes are generous. My favorites are: spicy beef salad, Panang curry(!!!), pad prik king, Thai style basil ground pork). We always order family style and have plenty to take home.

They also have lunch portions. Darn it if this isn't on my way home--so hard to resist. My only gripe, parking is baaaad. There are like 2-4 street spaces in front on busy 15th Ave NE or you have to park in the strip mall across the street which can be full too and then you have to cross busy 15th. The other end of the building is Pinehurst pub so if you go in the weekend evenings prepare to get choked by all the cigarette smoke from the smokers outside the bar.

• Visited May 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“delicious thai”
Reviewed July 1, 2008

delicious thai

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“spicy seafood fried rice...”
Reviewed May 3, 2008

spicy seafood fried rice 5 star...hehehe...yummy

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Chaiyo? Share your experiences!