“Convenient Pike's Place Market location, doesn't serve full bar full time”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Seattle's Best Coffee
Ranked #100 of 136 Coffee & Tea in Seattle
New York City, New York
“Convenient Pike's Place Market location, doesn't serve full bar full time”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I enjoyed my cappucino and the friendly staff who worked there. They had an interesting menu of coffee offerings, particularly under their 'Slow Bar', which I'd never heard of or seen in NYC (at least, not yet).

However, as Seattle is famous for their coffee, I wanted to try something the offered that was other than my usual espresso derivative beverage, such as Chemex or vacuum pot. Their website, I see now, encourages these orders outside morning rush of 8-10am. I was there at 10:40a and the baristo said that he not only would not get to my order for another 15-20 minutes, but that the order wouldn't be done for another 15-20 after that, because there were only 2 of them working (?!).

Umm...I'm It's not like the coffee has to be monitored constantly during that brewing time, but ok. He asked me if I've ever had espresso (hello, I'm from Manhattan? ;)) and I just decided to be uncomplicated and have a cappucino, which was not earth shattering, but good.

I cannot give this place a better rating, since I wasn't able to order what was listed on their menu.

Word to the wise: if you sit outside, be sure to sit against the wall (not closer to the street). There are a LOT of bums who walk by (and may sit down to share a table with you and freely roll a joint) and they may harass you for money. You probably want to be shy of spitting or, uh, any other "distraction's" distance...

Visited August 2012

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“It really is Seattle's best!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Best Americano anywhere! With coffee houses on every corner.....make sure you find yourself a Seattle's Best! You can have Starbuck's anytime....give it a try!

Visited August 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Quiet coffee place”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We decided to try this place since it wasn't too crowded. I love the old American diner feel/ decor. More importantly, they do have a wider selection of coffee (real coffee, not the fancy green tea what not in Starbucks). I tried a regular americano, and it had a good roast. Most importantly, it's a great quiet place to people watch the happenings of Pike Place Market.

Visited July 2012
Saint Louis
“I think this coffee shop is good to switch back and forth with Starbucks”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Different tasting coffee than Starbucks and is good to have something other than Starbucks all the time in Seattle. Has a taste of everyday coffee without the mega caffeine buzz. Although Starbucks is wonderful, try Seattle best if you are in Pikes Place area. I drank a couple of cups while browsing the market and it was great. Tip: they need more food in the shop to go with coffee espcially if you are making the coffee your breakfast.

• Visited June 2012
“Meh”
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

The shop was okay but the two staff members weren't very friendly, just there. Just a regular ole coffee shop...