“A twist on typical Mediterranean food”

Mediterranean Express
Ranked #2,630 of 4,199 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Went there on our first day in Seattle. It was a block away from our hotel. The Gyro was prepped a little different and the Hama kabob was good too. It was busy so we knew it was good!

There are newer reviews for Mediterranean Express

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My organization needed to cater an event last weekend, and I was in charge of selecting a vendor. I wanted to stay away from the boring sandwich or pizza thing, so I found Mediterranean Express online and decided to go for it.

Getting the details nailed down with the owner, Nick, was a little tough exchanging emails and phone calls, but he was very accommodating and helpful. He delivered the food himself to our event - he was exactly on time, and the food was hot and ready to go. Our guests raved about how great everything was. (The chicken kabobs and hummus were particularly popular.) I've been eating leftovers for lunch this week, and I still haven't gotten sick of it! Excellent food.

Thanks, Nick! A great experience.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Been going here for years. I love this place. Usually get the Mediterranean Chicken Salad with extra (lots of extra) Garlic Dressing. Great dressing! I always buy a bottle of it to take home.

Reviewed March 2, 2009

This is my favorite Middle Eastern restaurant in the Seattle area, for both the quality and value of its fare. It operates as a fast food restaurant; i.e., you order at the counter from a big menu on the wall and the food is brought to your table, or you can order takeout. Catering is also available.

Every meal I've had at this restaurant has been excellent; the ingredients are always fresh and the various dishes are very tasty. Personal favorites include lamb shawarma, lamb kabob, spanakopita, gyros, kafta kabob, and chicken kabob. As sides, tabouli (parsley salad) and zahra (deep-fried cauliflower) are outstanding. The hummus and baba ganouj are also excellent. The baklava is good but a bit dry.

The restaurant is tidy and clean but very small, not really suitable for large groups. Service is fast and efficient. Takeouts are ready 10 minutes after the order is called in. Owner Nick is friendly.

Finally, note that not too long ago, when the ownership changed, the name of this restaurant also changed to simply "Mediterranean Express."