“Yuck!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Thai Ginger - Pacific Place
Ranked #461 of 4,059 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Central Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: While many Thai restaurants serve dishes domesticated to Western palates, Thai Ginger is known for authentic artfully crafted selections made with the freshest and finest ingredients. Thai food is considered one of the most balanced cuisines on the planet. At Thai Ginger, we provide a variety of dishes from all of Thailand's geographical regions. With each dish you will enjoy proportional sweetness and acidity, along with fresh aroma and spice per your personal request. Come experience the energy and excitement of our exhibition kitchen while our fast and friendly staff assure you have an experience to remember.
Hamilton, Canada
“Yuck!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My vegetarian pad thai was overcooked, dripping in some weird sauce and somewhat expensive for what was received. I went at 8:15 on a Wednesday and the staff told me I had to be out by 9 pm so I was forced to get takeout. Won't be back

Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Hove, United Kingdom
“Average food, convenient location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I wanted to get food when I was in the city and I love Thai food so I chose Thai Ginger in Pacific Place. Menu looked promising, so I decided to give it a go.

I ordered the Tom Kha soup and the special prawn main course. They asked how I wanted it and I chose medium for both. However, both were pretty bland if I'm honest. I was nervous to ask for any hotter as I wasn't sure what the standard was. I'm not a big fan of very hot food, but I could easily have taken more flavour!

The service was good - my waitress was attentive and helpful.

So if you're looking for some Thai food when you're in town, not a bad choice. But if you're a big Thai food lover, you won't be blown away.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kirkland, Washington
“Fresh rolls were tasty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

My favorite food on the planet are fresh spring rolls; those at Thai Ginger were good, and hit the spot when Thai sounded tasty during our shopping trip. Also had tofu phad thai which was predictably good.

Visited February 2013
Seattle
“Not the greatest dining experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We came here with out of town friends for dinner after the holidays. It was pretty busy but we chose it because of its convenient location. After our experience, I would not return here. While not terrible, it wasn't very good. The service was slow and inattentive. The server never came back to see if we liked our food. Water glasses were not refilled. There was no offer to refill soft drinks. I ordered a seafood dish, two stars on the hot scale. It was bland, tasteless, and more like a half star in hotness. A chicken dish was equally as bland and boring.
Since we were a table of six, gratuity was automatically added to the bill, and it was way more than what the server deserved.
If you want good Thai food, go elsewhere.

• Visited December 2012
Bengaluru, India
“Very average food, slow service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

This place is inside the mall, and very conveniently located. But, The food was not at all up to the mark. It was bland (although we had ordered for medium spice). Overall also, it just didn't seem professionally made. It just seemed like it had been made by amateur - there were just vegetables on the plate and the gravy didn't taste good at all. The service was very slow, they seemed to be understaffed. The guy bussing our table was the bartender also.. I would not recommend it at all. And its really overpriced for what it's worth.