“Great Food, Great Bar Service”

Athenian Seafood Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #161 of 4,805 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We ate at the bar at Athenians Seafood. We enjoyed a great view of the Puget Sound while we enjoyed great food and wonderful drinks. My wife really enjoyed her lemon drop martini. The service was excellent.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,207)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love the incredible vibe here.. the history is so rich! It defines the public market to be sure, the food is so what Seattle is about! Lox and bagels to die for! Watching the ferries dock and depart is so wonderful any time of the year. The service is always great and I have enjoyed all of the food I have experienced. My son and I recently split the Captains or seafood platter on a visit in July it was more than ample for two. Sleepless in Seattle is part of the rich history with Athenian appearing in the flick. Lois, one of the earlier owners actually gave me a water pitcher from my first date and first time @ the Ahtenian, I will treasure it and the memory always!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited this restaurant on a Tuesday for lunch. I had the Halibut special with strawberry/blueberry topping and my wife had the fried cod sandwich. My halibut was excellent, my wife thought the cod sandwich was good.

We came back for dinner on Thursday and had the fish special again; I again had the halibut and my wife the grilled salmon. I should mention that each entree comes with your choice of homemade mash potatoes, fries, or rice. A vegetable medley is also served.
The grilled fish arrived and there was a decent slab of fish for each of us. The salmon was moist, but cooked through. My halibut was a tad dry, but nevertheless very good.

The decor of the restaurant is somewhat simple, with wooden benches for seating, but with great views of the water. Service was attentive but not intrusive.

In summary, great food for a reasonable price and no complicated check either. We would definitely come back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came here for lunch once and liked it so much we came back again. Nice chowder and clams. Friendly service. Worth returning to.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The service was good and we enjoyed looking over the bay. The food was good but it wasn't extraordinary.