“Interesting View, Good Drinks and Mussels”
Review of Copacabana Cafe

Copacabana Cafe
Ranked #1,157 of 4,394 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Pike Place Market
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This restaurant sits atop Pike Place Market and the perfect place to people watch. Frankly, we came here for drinks only, mainly because of Trip Advisor comments, but still wanted the experience. We ended up getting an order of mussels and they were so good, we got a second order. We did have to wait to be seated and knowing Spanish is a huge plus, but the server was fine and we had an enjoyable experience.

1  Thank PasssionateTraveler

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

After a couple of trips already to Seattle, we were ready to branch out and eat somewhere new at Pike Place. We were intrigued with the both the menu and, as other have stated, the wonderful view. When we were seated though, it took an incredibly long time for our server, very hard to understand, to bring our beverages. As a health nut, I constantly make simple substitutions, and asked for the dressing to be on the side of my salad. I was disappointed when it arrived to find it drenched in oil and vinegar. I ate it anyhow, as we were very hungry and leaving soon. It was not the worst salad, but it was for sure not worth the price. The greens were fresh and the avocado tasty, but the shrimp for my salad, and chicken for the other member of my family were obviously from a can, most likely Costco, as it was very easily recognized. In the end, it was a salad worth about $3, drenched in oil and vinegar that I wanted on the side in the first place. When the check arrived, it was apparent the request to have the dressing on the side was written down, but blatantly ignored by the cook, as well as the request to split the bill between two people. After everything was said and done, I left feeling full, yet somewhat unsatisfied with the food and the amount of un needed oil I had consumed and will for sure seek out other places to eat in the future. In closing, this restaurant has great potential, especially with the view, but the current food they serve, with the service, won't cut it, and I can say I will unfortunately not return.

1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We have been to this restaurant before, and we were satisfied with the quality of the food previously. This time it seems they had a new cook, and the Peruvian food we ordered was not only tasteless, but it seems it was put together in a hurry. For the price we paid, we think it was way below expectations. We do not think we will visit this Restaurant again anytime soon. I would not recommended to anyone.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great place to eat and the service was good but the food was not. Oil drenched on everything and a lot was tasteless. Disappointing unfortunately - especially for the price!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Located on the second floor, across from the main buildings of Pike's market, this place has short waits and balcony seating. An excellent place to people watch, the three of us ordered very different entrees: I had lamb (very spicy but moist and tasty- though sparing of meat), my daughter had sirloin tips (the beef was good but the vegetables in it were even better!) of moderate spiciness, and my wife had chicken (just flat out superb). Meals came with two sides and nobody left feeling hungry. Desert, made with freshly made whip cream, was positively decadent. I recommend this family owned and operated place to everyone. Entree costs were in the $15-$20 range.

1  Thank pattynjay