“Good food, nice location”

Emmett Watson's Oyster Bar
Ranked #853 of 4,110 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Downtown
Holbrook, NY
“Good food, nice location”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Was here for a business dinner with some associates. We shared a selection of various oysters. Yes, some of the local ones are on the small side however and were a little light on flavor. However, they do have some very good larger sized oysters with a much stronger flavor. These were similar to what I am used to from the east coast varieties. Skip the special sauce they serve and go with the cocktail sauce (heavy on the horseradish for me). For dinner, I had the wild salmon plank cooked. Probably the best salmon I have had in many, many years. Very tender and flavorful. Highly recommended. This night, I tried the apple pie ice cream dessert. Also very good.

One caveat... it was cold the night we were there and this place could definitely use more heat. I am rarely a person who is cold but I found the temperature in the restaurant uncomfortably chilly. Better to visit in the Fall, Spring or Summer.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank mitchm11741

Chicago, Illinois
“So wrong in so many ways...”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have to admit to being a seafood snot. Raised with a selection of Gorton's of Gloucester on Friday nights in the Midwest, my move to Boston raised my awareness and my tastebud sensitivity.

So on this trip to Seattle the thought of a great meal at an oyster bar was not far-fetched. However the food was a total disappointment. My cioppino had a nice flavor but the seafood was way overcooked and therefore dry. It almost felt like they through in someone else's leftovers. Although the broth was flavorful and spicy it was thin. Thankfully the garlic bread soaked up what remained.

My husband ordered the large portion of shrimp, and which turned out to be nothing more than standard peel-and-eat size with minimal flavor. The two miniscule portions of sauce accompanying them did nothing to enhance the experience.

I would have rated the place a two-star, except for the eagerness of the waiter and the large selection of reasonably priced local beers. It was my mistake as well, thinking a place in the tourist area would have anything to please a discerning palate. Or even one that had standards.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lafemmegiselle
Mankato, Minnesota
“Great Happy Hour Special, Excellent Oysters!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

While visiting Seattle, the wife wanted to go to a seafood buffet. With apprehension, I found one for her. It was not good. A couple of hours later, we were walking on Pike Place when we came across Emmett Watson’s Oyster Bar. It was a good time for a cocktail, so we went in. As it turned out, it was happy hour. From 3 to 4 they have a great deal on the chef’s choice oysters and rail drinks. I had two dozen sliders and a couple Gordon’s martinis. The oysters were high quality & fresh and the martinis were well mixed. Our server was friendly, helpful and attentive. Almost simultaneously, the wife and I both said we wished we had come here for lunch instead of that Bluefin chum bucket place. Next time we are in Seattle, we will come to Emmett's first!

• Visited September 2013
Hollis, Oklahoma
“Won't do this again”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Had read all of the great reviews, could hardly wait to eat here. Tremendous disappointment. The oysters in the half shell were expensive and when we received them, they were the smallest that I've ever seen. I'm sure the other food here is good but we got ripped off on the oysters. We won't be back!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Paladine5
Massachusetts
“A nice tiny place in Pike's Place Market to have a seadoof lunch”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stopped there for lunch when visiting Pike's Place Market. We had a dozen of fresh, small but very tasty raw oysters on a half shell (unfortunately don't remember the name). I also had a seafood soup which I liked very much. This place is unpretentious but the food quality was very good.

• Visited September 2013