“Fantastic portobello panini”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Seattle, WA
“Fantastic portobello panini”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I <3 Michou enough to get take-out once a week. My go-to panini is the portobello with roasted garlic aioli. It's a fantastic blend of mushrooms, fontina and roasted red peppers. Paninis are $6.50 (includes tax) for a whole, $3.50 for a half.

I would be remiss in not mentioning their salads are good, too. I'm especially fond of the roasted Brussels sprouts - it's also something I don't get at home. Also enjoyable are their beet salad, gnocchi, quinoa, and rosemary potato salads.

I've had mixed success with their desserts. In particular, the last couple of times I've tried the bread pudding it's been on the dry side. Everything else is fantastic.

While there are a couple of seats inside, assume you it's always take-out. On nice days, there can be a line out the door, but it moves. If you're a local, you already know to skew your visit time.

• Visited July 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Favorite lunch spot”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

You can get a filling and great sandwich for $6, half for $3 and they have a great variety. Theres also an abundance of differening salad types and i dont mean of the lettuce based variety. Plus some pastries and soups and baked potatoes and just nearly everything, all ready quick and inexpensive and tasty

Ann Arbor
“Amazing and excellent value!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

About a half a block from Beecher's, Michou is an excellent alternative. The food is remarkable and tremendous value. Basically, they have many paninis to choose from, along with soups, sides, desserts, etc. We split a whole panini, a large soup, and a bread pudding--both of us stuffed for a grand total of $13.

Visited March 2013
“Great Panini's”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I had an amazing panini from here. It was a chorizo one and it melted in my mouth. I thought about it all the rest of the day and night, that the next day I went back for more. Unfortunately, I guess they change theirs menu often because they didn't have it the next day. The following day was my last day of vacation so of course I went back again to get it and... It was missing. So sad. That's my only complaint. If you're ever at this place and they have it, don't be a fool, get it and enjoy every bite.

Lansing, Michigan
“Excellent value for specialty sandwiches!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

The portobello sandwich is off the charts. Each sandwich is grilled and served hot. They also have a plethora of mouthwatering desserts! If I lived in Seattle I'd eat there often. Each sandwich is around $6 too! You really can't beat that.

Been to Michou? Share your experiences!