“I always have to grab five pounds when I'm in Seattle.”
Review of Jack's Fish Spot

Jack's Fish Spot
Ranked #336 of 4,132 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
San Francisco, California
“I always have to grab five pounds when I'm in Seattle.”
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

The salmon here is amazing. Every flavor is great but my favorite is the applewood smoked salmon. Half the price of the other fish markets in Pike's Place.

I might have to resort to having it shipped to CA if I don't return soon.

Lyman, ME
“Great Lunch!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The place was packed at lunch time, I almost didn't stop. SO glad I did. FRESH fried fish was FANTASTIC and reasonably priced. Great food, great atmosphere, would go again if I make it back to the west coast!

Visited September 2012
colorado
“Slam-a-bration!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Slam! Jack's Fish Spot is the perfect spot to buy all you need for the Northwest tradition of freshly steamed fish, corn, and potatoes. Load up on dungess crab, Ecuadorian shrimp, Washinton mussels and crabs, Alaskan wild halibut. The prices are fair, the quality excellent, and the service from people who appreciate their customers. Walk across the aisle, grab some bread at Three Girl's Bakery, down the sidewalk to the Corner Produce for the veggies and get ready for a wonderful, traditional dinner Northwest dinner.

• Visited September 2012
Oxnard, California
“Best fish eatery find of the trip!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Fast service without feeling rushed. Plenty of counter space to eat and people watch at Pike Place Market. I had the beer battered scallops and fries for $8.99. Worth every penny. Light, crisp batter. Tender, fresh giant scallops. Even the fries (which I usually leave) were perfect. You won't find quality fish or seafood at this price anywhere else. Looking at other orders, the portions are very generous and prices mostly under $10. Get there before they close at 5pm.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank rachel_deCarlos
South Carolina
“On and off the menu delights”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

One of the reasons I love spending time in Seattle is because I always make Jack's a meal destination when I'm near the Pike Street Market. The displayed menu offers excellent chowder and my personal favorite, fish and chips, (I go with the salmon). My wife, the fish "purist" never understood how I can order "deep fried salmon," until she tried it. Now, she's a convert. This is no frills and a slight step above street food, but a DELICIOUS step above!

However, I often will go off the formal menu and just get some of the smoked salmon in the case adjacent to the sidewalk to the left of the order desk. When you're getting the smoked salmon, turn around and get some fresh bread from the bakery window immediately behind you and you've got a classic lunch that only fresh smoked salmon and fresh baked bread can afford. Finding a seat at one of the many tables in the area is better than the crowded lunch counter. Bon Appetite!

• Visited August 2012

Been to Jack's Fish Spot? Share your experiences!