“Good but not outstanding!”

Mama's Mexican Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Mexican Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,717 of 4,217 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belltown
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went with some friends who love the place, but had read some the of the mixed reviews so was not sure what to expect. Food was good. Not the best Mexican I have had but still tasty. Ordered fajitas which were good and had lots of veggies. Tortillas were very good. Margaritas not so much. I would've expected far more from a $7 Margarita in a pint glass. Asked for it blended and it came very watery and really had no flavor. Service was very good. Would I go back? Yes, but would not order the Margarita.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Sorry mamma...... But your salsa is watery... Your chips are stale..... And your food is BLAND. Super bland actually . I think this restaurant has slowly over time forgot about "Mexican food" and have been solely relying on the "theme" they have in the restaurant. BLAND

1  Thank Byron G
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were in Seattle for a mixed doubles tennis tournament and decided to meet up with our teammates for dinner. Our teammates were staying in Belltown and highly recommended Mama's for their great food and drinks. My wife and I arrived about 30 minutes before the rest of our party. We enjoyed a Mama's Cuervo Margarita and their complimentary chips and salsa. We were a little disappointed in the presentation of the margarita as it came in a pounder glass which is usually used to serve beer. The margarita was average at best. The salsa was delicious and the waiters were excellent at making sure we were continually stocked with chips and salsa.

My wife and I decided to split an order of chicken fajitas. The flour tortillas were delicious and appeared to be homemade. They do charge you .75 for extra tortillas. We were very pleased with our fajitas. There was more than enough food for my wife and I to split. Other meals ordered at our table were a pork in green sauce, shrimp quesadillas and steak fajitas. Everyone enjoyed their meals and had more than enough food.

We will definitely go back to Mama's for some good o'l Mexican food.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

This place is great! This is the great Mexican food that is hard to find outside of the Arizona, Socal or Mexico. Great for at a great price how can you go wrong. They have a nice patio to sit on if you stop by on a nice day as well.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Heard a lot about this place before going. We love Mexican food so we thought we give it a try. Very disappointing. It was dark and dingy inside and after one very mediocre margarita we decided to leave. We won't go back.

Been to Mama's Mexican Kitchen? Share your experiences!