“Fun, unique eatery”

Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belltown
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Nothing "chain- like" about this longtime Seattle eatery in Belltown.
Food is good. Nothing great stands out but it's a solid preparation of typical dishes in a great location and fun vibe.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The kooky decor is a compliment...it really is a heck of a lot of fun in here. Crazy collages and Elvis art everywhere. The margaritas are delicious (but terribly small). I test my Mexi places by ordering chili relleno...this was not what I had hoped. It was OK, but essentially a bell pepper smothered in so much cheese that it was overwhelming. I prefer poblanos, and a more balanced approach to the sauce. So the next time I came I tried to go super simple and ordered the street tacos...simplest thing on the menu...and they were quite good. I guess I had expected a lot more based on reviews and their web site. Was hoping for something more authentic feeling, OR if they were going to do their own thing, for it to be...well...something I can write home about. It was neither...it was just OK.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I love the atmosphere of the place but don't always love the food. It's always good, but not as spectacular as I hope it will be.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I moved to Seattle almost 40 years ago to come to the University of Washington, and have been coming back to this restaurant continually. Just a fun spot, with funky decor and waitstaff. More importantly - consistently great Mexican food. Gone are the days when 'Mama' was alive and at the front counter to greet you, but I've enjoyed every visit!

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

If you are on the north side of downtown Seattle and are craving Mexican food, then this is your spot. Food was average and the price was a little high, but the service, atmosphere, convenience, speed was great!