“It's Good”
Review of Dahlia Lounge

Dahlia Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Dahlia Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 4,231 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Virginia
Transit: Metro Buses are available downtown. http://transit.metrokc.gov/ for more information.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We ate at the Dahlia Lounge on a recent visit to Seattle. It was very good. Spouse and I each started with the basic salad and it was fabulous. Large, simple, perfectly dressed. We ordered bread to go with the salad and it was delicious Dahlia Bakery bread. Just this would have been a perfect, simple meal.

We shared the crab cakes as our entree. To the kitchen's credit, we each received a beautifully presented plate, each a half-order as we wished. (Some restaurants insist on bringing one plate and expect you to schlep the food off one plate onto another in order to split it, one of my pet peeves.) The food was delicious, crab cakes with a potato salad. I guess my only complaint is that there could have been more crab to filler, and I wish the crab had been larger lump pieces. And, it was $32. At any rate, it was still good. We split the coconut cream pie, not something I'd usually order, but this is the place to get it. Just really good and decadent.

The evening we were there the music mix was 60s and 70s R&B and soul. It was fabulous. You just don't get this music most places. What's not to love?

Ambience is comfortable.

The only reason I didn't give five stars is because I've actually had better crab cakes. And, it's not inexpensive. Still, I'd easily recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My business partner and I met a client at Dahlia's Lounge because we had heard good things about it. The ambience was nice, it was convenient to our hotel and it wasn't too loud for a business meal. I ordered the dungeness crab cocktail as an appetizer. I was shocked when it came because it was less than a tablespoon-crab and garnish!

I had the Alaskan Halibut as an entree and their "to die for" Coconut Cream Pie. Both were good but not over the top nor worth the prices.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This restaurant was located just two blocks from my hotel and a few people recommended it to me.

First the good part of the story - our server was very friendly, helpful and efficient. The food is amazing - I can highly recommend the shrimp and scallion potstickers, ahi appetizer, and crab cake entree (with miso potato salad - oh my!). My dinner companions were equally complimentary of their choices as well.

The restaurant is a bit dark, but the design allowed us to easily hear each other without competing with other tables.

Now the downside... We had 8pm reservations on a Wednesday night and arrived about 5 minutes early. We were told that it would be just a few minutes till we were seated. Forty-five minutes later (!) we were finally escorted to our booth. Now the dining room manager did offer us seats and two complimentary appetizers while we waited, but given we had reservations, that wait was extreme. The ironic part of it was that someone without a reservation arrived right after we did. He was told it would be a 45 minute wait. And yet it was the same wait for us - and we HAD a reservation. Hmmm.

The food was so good, that I would definitely recommend this restaurant, but I would caution people about a potentail wait time.

1  Thank Bookworm426
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The crab cakes were mostly filler with very little crab ? And people rave about them? Really? As did our server ? I would expect them to have a lot more crab than the breading for the prices they charge. The crabcakes were served with some veggies and starch and they were good. In fact the panzenella salad and the fresh tomatoes and and veggies served, from their farm were excellent and if this was what I was getting at a Tom Douglas restaurant, I would say great. But we ordered the salmon which was fresh and good -- just average and for $35, not value for money, The peking duck, I hear was good.

Perhaps we should have just settled with what is fresh and good from their farm. The padron peppers were great as was the onion tart.

The service was great. Our waiter was excellent.

Sorry I think the expansion of all these restaurants is just causing the quality to go down. I remember going to his restaurants many years ago and they were good.

There are so many other chefs and restaurants in Seattle where you can have a much better meal imho. Sorry Tom.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Every aspect of the meal was excellent. I had the shrimp and scallion potstickers as appetizer; my wife had the peach in thin-sliced ham. Her main was salmon, succulent and tasty. I had the Dungeness crab cakes, the finest I've had in a long, long time. The desserts -- sorbet in my case, chocolate cake in hers -- were also scrumptious. Columbia Valley chardonnay was the right win with the meal. The total cost was on the high side, but the meal was worth it. Highly recommended!