“Good”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring
Transit: The New Sound Transit Light Rail station nearest us is University Street Station, in the Seattle Tunnel underneath Third Avenue.
Description: Outlier is a Seattle gathering place, serving urban rustic small plates and craft cocktails. We serve simple, seasonally-driven food, perfect for sharing and social dining in an environment that is dynamic, fueled by a creative beverage program and pumped up tunes!
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Good food. Nice, modern restaurant. Has a youthful and edgy vibe. Middle-of-the-road in terms of price. Helpful service staff, although one of my waiters made a snarky remark. Can eat inside or outside. I've been here twice since it was very close to a hotel I've stayed in twice while in town for GSA contractor training. Most recent visit was in Aug/Sep 2011.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I work in the neighborhood and look forward to my lunchbreak at Sazerac everyday. The entire staff is delightful and madly accomodating. Now to the food. Chef Jason is creative, charming and also madly accomodating. The kitchen has no problem with special requests, which I frequently have. The miniburgers are always prepared perfectly medium rare, unless otherwise specified. Steak tartare is over the top, as well as the chicken liver mousse. I recently tried the heirloom grain salad on the lunch menu. It was absolutely to die for. Quinoa, farrow, avocado, cucumber and loads of other veggies. Healthy and ridiculously delicious! The bar gets really crowded for happy hour (justifiably so), so get there early. I thank these folks everyday for being my go to restaurant.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco Seattle and having a restaurant on-site was a plus. Before we had dinner there, we peaked inside to view the decor and the menu and decided to give it a try. We were out late and too tired to leave the hotel. We were seated right away which was nice. Our server was friendly and she was attentive. I was happy with the soup and my husband and I shared a mushroom flatbread pizza which was very good. This first night was fine. Not fantastic or great but not the worst I've ever had. Our last night in Seattle after the soccer game, we took our son with us to get a late bite. This time our server was slow and busy doing other things than help us. It wasn't busy in the restaurant at all. At the most, 4 tables and people at the bar. No excuse for bad service. We kept asking for water and several times she just kept walking past our table (if you read my other restaurant reviews, you will know this is one of my pet peeves). Here's a tip to our server: If you hate your job so much, leave. It shows. If I'm in Seattle again, I will most likely stay at the Hotel Monaco but pass on this restaurant. There are too many options in Seattle to settle for mediocre service and so-so food.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great open floor plan including a long, L-shaped bar and lounge area. Handsome and comfortable decor and very friendly and capable service. Eclectic menu, creative and flavorsome preparation. A really great experience.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We checked in a little late, and the bar was still open, only serving pizza. The bartender was great and the pizza was pretty good. But then all of a sudden it was last call (around 10:30 PM) and we were told it was because the manager was pregnant and wanted to leave. So our group of four, among other groups, had to leave and go elsewhere.
We decided to give breakfast a try the next morning. We were sat right away, which was nice considering there were five of us and it was Sunday. The food was actually really good but the service was HORRIBLE! We had to practically beg for a spoon to stir our coffee with, after waiting a long time just to get the coffee! A waiter bumped my chair so hard he actually pushed me in to the table (and I'm not a little girl) and didn't even acknowledge that he did it, let alone apologize.
I would have recommended going to the bar, but since it can close whenever the manager wants, it's not worth going to.