“Average steak, average prices, averagely satisfied”
Review of Morton's - The Steakhouse - CLOSED

Morton's - The Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pike
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

There was nothing about this place that made any of our party go "wow", the steak was a bit over-cooked for rare, the lighting was dingy - I don't mind mood lighting but being able to see what I'm eating is also a requirement. Won't bother going back.

1  Thank Simon J

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I would guess this was my 6th dinner at Morton's Seattle and it seems like things have slipped. I recognize many of the staff as being longtime employees and I certainly cannot fault the service. It was the food that was disappointing. Maybe we should know better then to order seafood in a steak place but the large platter of prawns, oysters, crab, etc. we ordered as an appetizer was not up to what you would expect in a high end place. Salads and side dishes were a notch better then the appetizer but still could have been better. However, every one of our party enjoyed their steaks and the one person who ordered lobster reported it was very good. The disappointment comes in when you get the check and realize you are paying top $ for a less then top quality.

2  Thank speedroberts
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've dined here on numerous occasions, but not sure whether I will return. Our last dinner with business friends was less than convincing. They sold us a platter of mixed cold appetizers, which was uninspiring. After a long wait we got the main thing - our steaks. Half of our group ordered the bone-in Ribeye medium rare. The meat was tender and tasted ok, but wasn't not properly done. Wobbly on the outside, not crisp at all, and pinkish on the inside. All of us had an issue with that, but agreed not to return the steak as we had waited long enough.

Although we didn't leave the place entirely disappointed, the common feeling was to give Morton's a pass for a while and try out other options.

A word of advice: if you go there, tell the waiter how exactly you want your steak done.

2  Thank Michael-Traveller-JP
Reviewed July 21, 2012

It used to be that Morton's guaranteed a perfect, delicious steak coupled with four star service.
I'm not sure what's changed but something surely has. Our trip to the underground- literally - Seattle location was uninspiring at best. Service was good enough, out outstanding but adequate. Our waiter never took the time to discuss the menu items, offer ideas or suggestions, or anything. Cocktails took ten minutes to arrive when we were one of oly five tables occupied on a Friday night at 6:30

Our steaks were certainly large, that is still the same. Each was cooked a bit more than requested, but it was the flavor that was just three star. Rather than the old Morton's top notch flavor, they tasted average.

Average steaks and adequate service are fine in some places, but not at Morton's where the prices and reputation demand a much higher experience. It seems to me Morton's may be getting a bit apathetic, and it shows.

2  Thank mrg128
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Excellent meal again at Mortons. Have been before. This time we managed to get a 3 course fixed menu which was excellent value and the food was fantastic.