“Mostly good”

Assaggio Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Assaggio Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 4,199 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Virginia
Description: Pamper your soul with the sensual pleasures of fine Italian wine and food while you marvel at the Michelangelo-inspired artwork.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This really is a charming, small restaurant. We were greeted and seated by Mauro, who was delightful. Our waiter was excellent. The ambience was great, though a trifle loud cause it is small and tables are close together, but i was not bothered by this much as we got used to it. Conversation was not a problem. We split a pasta Bolognese as an appetizer and loved it. But our main course, one veal and one beef, were not as good as i had hoped. My beef was somewhat chewy and the veal was not very flavorful. However, I would return just cause it is so enjoyable in other ways and i would stick to pasta dishes.

There are newer reviews for Assaggio Ristorante

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Had dinner at Assaggio Ristorante the other day with my family. It was my second visit to this restaurant. Mauro, the owner, was there visiting with customers. He has a very warm way to greet his customers. I usually dislike it when I am bothered at dinner time with questions if everything is ok. However, Mauro has this really big and warm genuine smile on his face. Paired with excellent specials that we ordered that night (seafood pasta and ribeye steak with marsala demi glaze sauce) it made for a delicious and memorable dinner. I've been to Ancona, and although there is a variety of dishes on the menu from many regions in Italy, those that originate from the Adriatic coast of Italy are pretty authentic. The Barolo wine ordered from by the glass menu was very good. The wine list is amazingly extensive. Lots to choose from.
Went home so impressed that I ordered Mauro's cookbook online. It looks really exciting. I am totally blown away by the fact that Mauro shares the secrets of his kitchen in his book. Very excited to try and reproduce some of the dishes we had at Assaggio Ristorante over the two visits. Thank you Mauro, we'll be back!

1  Thank bonneylaketapps
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My friend had enjoyed a dinner at Assaggio Restorante previously, so we decided to try lunch. We were greeted warmly and escorted to our table. We were the first patrons arriving for lunch and it was an attractive restaurant. We enjoyed a glass of wine. We had the Cesare salad to start. I love a good Cesare salad, but this sadly was not it. The romaine was wilted and the said was dry. My friend had to ask for more dressing. Then my friend had a pasta dish she described as just OK, and I had the risotto which was the special. I thought it only average. The owner came out to ask about our experience but left the table area before we could even answer. I doubt that I will be back when in Seattle as we had enjoyed absolutely fantastic food while there, but not at Assaggio.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I were looking forward to a lovely dinner of great Italian food and ambiance - what we got was a torturous experience of claustrophobic seating, noise levels that would rival Seahawks fans should they win Superbowl and mediocre food. Getting to our table was a dangerous obstacle course. The waiter serving the table next to us kept elbowing my husbands head and back while he served an obnoxious group of loud, drunken physicians. It was impossible to hear each other, so we just wolfed down our food and practically ran out of the restaurant. I left while my husband paid the bill because I just couldn't take the noise level any longer - my ears were ringing when we left! I just can't adequately tell you how absolutely relieved we were to get out of that restaurant!!! NEVER again!!!

1  Thank laurenlovesfrance1
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Welcoming, warm and superb. From the moment we walked in until the moment we left we felt welcomed like old friends (it was, in fact, our first visit). Although the restaurant was almost full, we were greeted and engaged by the owner and the waitstaff as if they were truly glad we had come to enjoy an evening with them. The food was delicious, the wine (by the glass, suggested by the waiter) was excellent. The décor is perfect, very european with classy white table cloths and overall a very inviting space. Can't wait to return!