“good food at reasonable prices”
Review of Restaurant Zoe

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 14 Ave
Transit: Bus #2
Description: Recognized as one of The 10 Very Best Restaurants of 2005 by Seattle Magazine and one of the top five for new American cuisine by the 2008 Zagat Survey, Restaurant Zoe is a favorite destination for locals and visitors alike. Located on the corner of 14th and Union St on Capitol Hill, Restaurant Zoe's lively urban setting provides the backdrop for Chef Scott Staple's seasonally crafted, produce-driven fare.
Reviewed August 1, 2014

went with friends for dinner.

great atmosphere, but a little hard to hear in the section we ate. Perhaps a few soft furnishings would absorb the noise.

the food was very good and a lot of nice options. The same could be said for the cocktails, a couple of which are creations of the bar staff there.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We ate here last night and enjoyed the food and service. I didn't see any main dishes that I liked the look of - most included meat or seemed quite rich in flavor and I am mostly vegetarian. So I had the baby mixed greens salad and a side of olives. Those olives were delicious. And, definitely more than enough for one person...I had to bring some home. The side salad was interesting, but small. My fiance had the wild boar bolognese as a main course. I thought it was very small for a main course and can only imagine how tiny the starter version is. For dessert we order the nectarine sorbet and the peach crisp, which were both good but the waitress also brought us some of their mint chocolate ice cream, which was practically out of this world it was so good. Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We did the 5 course tasting and it was elegant and amazing! This place is gorgeous and perfect for a business meeting or special occasion.

1  Thank 882HTravels
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We arrived at Restaurant Zoe to receive a gift for a wine pairing with 5 course dinner. This was the first time we had ever been to RZ. Immediately upon arrival we were welcomed and the evening began. Worried a little about it being Father's Day we weren't sure if going out to eat was such a good idea- however every course as well as wine pairing were excellent. Our server Megan added to the experience. She is probably one of the best servers we have had in a long time. The fill in manager was also pleasant and hard working- We will definitely be back again.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Our food was good and the service was exemplary, but it was difficult to hear our own table conversation because the hard surfaces in the restaurant just added to the noise from other tables. There were very few vegetarian options available and most of the fish entrees were shellfish. I thought the prices were very high for what was offered and for even special nights out, I would opt for a different restaurant. The portions were tiny, and although I was replete, it took two shared appetizers amongst the four of us to get there. The sparkling water came in a glass vessel, with no name, so it was probably out of a SodaStream machine rather than a Pellegrino. Most of the wines vintners were minor players, but the prices were high, too. They're currently working on an outdoor area, if dining outdoors is your thing.