“The steak was as I expected. The service...”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 4,110 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Puyallup, Washington
“The steak was as I expected. The service...”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

My steak was cooked to perfection! I had the petite filet with shrimp and my fiancée had the porterhouse which he loved. Everything was going well until dessert. I had browsed the menu online and knew what I wanted: the banana cream pie. The waiter said they no longer had it and they "never update the website". He cleared all of the dishes and said he'd return with the dessert menu and we didn't see him again for 15 minutes! We spotted him at another table and couldn't get his attention. It had started to snow and we drove up from Puyallup so we decided to skip dessert to get home. He finally returned with the menu and apologized for the delay without explanation or eye contact. We told him have to leave and bring the check. He returned with the check, clearly flustered and apologized again.

I won't let this experience keep my from returning because I enjoyed my steak, but for the price of dinner, I expected a little more from our server.

Visited January 2014

Seattle, Washington
“Too pricey for poor quality dining”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Ordered rack of lamb medium well, and it was served medium rare. Had to send it back to be cooked longer. That process had us waiting 1/2 hour. The menu said it came with mint jelly. We had to request it once we got the waiter's attention. We also ordered crab cakes. They were greasy, and the crab tasted terrible...it was not fresh by any means. The waiter recommend a California cabernet by the glass, and it was not really a full-bodied wine, as he described...in fact, rather flat like it had been uncorked for a week. The broccoli was old, as it had lots of yellow in it, and the asparagus was not fresh and crisp. Service was slow, and lacked experienced waiters, although they were friendly. For the pricey menu ($40 lamb), I would expect much better, and would not dine there again.

• Visited January 2014
seattle
“If you want excellent steak, try another option!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We met with friends here for my first time dining at RC. It's a nice enough place, the service was good too. The meal was not what I would have expected for a place like this or for the price we paid. We went with the "meal deal" and chose the filet as the main course. While it was cooked to perfection, it had the flavor of liver. They serve it on a hot plate of sizzling butter,. The side I chose was braised Brussels sprouts. Those come in a little vat of grease. The oil was as high as the actual sprouts. Gross. We shared potatoes, 2 types, and they both tasted like they could have come from a greasy diner.
The salads we had were excellent. I had the roasted golden beet salad and that was heaven. Now, if the rest of it could keep up with the salad, we'd have something!

• Visited December 2013
A Small Island in the Northwest.
“Wonderful Special Occasion Restaurant.....”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This is the fourth year we've met up with friends for an annual "pre-Christmas" dinner, and year after year, we are always impressed by the level of service and the WONDERFUL food! Quite possibly one of the best steaks I've ever had (petite filet, medium rare, side of Bernaise sauce). Combined with a serving of pomme frittes and a big salad, comes closest to a Parisian "Steak Frittes" dinner, I've ever had in the USA. Spendy? Absolutely. But oh so worth it!

• Visited December 2013
Vancouver
“Steak was the size of half a cow”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Our reservation was made in advance and our waiting time was less than 5 minutes .For those who have never eaten at a RC it is something everyone who loves red meat should experience .They have a very unique method of grilling steaks and they are GREAT!. We both ordered the cowboy Rib Eye which is a 20Oz bone in cut. We easily could have shred it , My son had the macaroni appetizer and I sampled it .I am not a fan of macaroni and cheese but theirs was really tasty. Ruth Chris's steaks are arguably were one of if not the best steaks you will every have .I have eaten in their steak houses in Memphis, Scottsdale and now Seattle and each time they amaze me .I would also recommend either their wedge salad For desert try their whisky bread pudding .I couldn't finish it

Visited December 2013