“Five star food with a really unfortuntate service experience”
Review of Metropolitan Grill

Metropolitan Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Metropolitan Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 4,096 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Marion
Transit: Second Ave & Marion: MT 131-O, MT 132-O, MT 134-O, MT 143-I, MT 152-O, MT 157-I, MT 158-I, MT 158-O, MT 159-I, MT 159-O MT 161-I, MT 162-I, MT 162-O, MT 170-O, MT 174-O, MT 175-I, MT 175-O, MT 177-O, MT 179-I, MT 179-O MT 19-I, MT 190-O, MT 191-O, MT 192-I, MT 192-O, MT 194-O, MT 196-O, MT 21-I,
Seattle, Washington
“Five star food with a really unfortuntate service experience”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I dined here on Tuesday, July 2 with my sister and brother-in-law (all three of us locals) and our cousin and his fiancee from out of town who had the Metropolitan Grill on their list of places they wanted to experience. I ordered a drink. The server got it wrong, and corrected it. We ordered a calamari appetizer for the table. Wonderful. I ordered a second drink. The server got it wrong again, and corrected it. We ordered dinner. Two salads arrived, but not mine. After several minutes, we got the server's attention, asked about my salad, and it (a delicious iceberg lettuce wedge with bleu cheese and bacon) arrived a few minutes later. The entrees arrived. Mine, a 16 oz. peppercorn New York strip, was cooked to a perfect medium, paired with Metropolitan mashed potatoes. The asparagus with hollandaise and mushrooms we ordered as sides for the table were excellent accompaniments. After we finished eating, the server cleared the table...and in the process knocked my cousin's fiancee's drink into her lap. With profuse apologies, the staff cleaned up as well as they could, and offered to buy our desserts. I had ice cream. I took a bite, and was greeted with a small piece of paper or cellophane or something on my tongue. After all these snafus, the maitre'd visited our table and apologized and chatted with us for like ten minutes to attempt to soften our poor dining experience. That's the only reason this review is three stars instead of two.

• Visited July 2013

Charleston, South Carolina
“Big Food, Big Money”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is Seattle's equivalent of the "Bull and Bear" restaurant in NYC. Ambiance is similar but service is much better. I was just shocked at the high prices for several items. The acoustics are good for conversation but the size of the crowd will influence the degree to which you can actually carry on a conversation as the waiters and sommeliers are coming and going. Reserve a booth if you intend on having dinner. I also couldn't believe the portion sizes. I ordered the strip steak and my two associates tried the Delmonico steak based on a recommendation from our competent server Diane. Neither of them could finish their food! Then I saw a Chateaubriand for two that looked like a cooked 30 year old turtle. The accompanying mashed potatoes were the size of a football. Make sure you check the size and weight of your order and plan to share with your partner unless you haven't eaten in three weeks. This is not the place for people on diets!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Snooge42
tieton wa
“The gold standard of steaks”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have yet to eat a bad meal here in fact every meal (steak no matter the cut) was perfect! the french onion soup is also the gold standard. What I like is I show up in tye dyed t-shirt and shorts and don't get looked down at or the table in the back. It seems every person is equal.

• Visited May 2013
“Great food and service”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had dinner at Metropolitan Grill before shoving off on an Alaska Criuse. First time there. They exceeded our expectations by several orders of magnitude! Great steaks (we think we know; we're from Texas!) and salmon and the waiter was attentive but not intrusive. We'll be back!

Visited June 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“The food was amazing, but pricey”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The food was great, The steaks were very juicy and tasty, They have a nice display in the entrance for the different steaks. The service was great, the waiter was very knowledgeable. They have a waiter for meats, wine, and desserts (can ask any question about it). A lot of choices to pick from. We went with a big group, and got to try many appetizers, all of them were very good. The place is very pricey, but it seems like a great place for a date. If visiting Seattle, I strongly recommend coming to this amazing restaurant.

• Visited June 2013