“Great Martinis”
Review of Metropolitan Grill

Metropolitan Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Metropolitan Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 4,169 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Marion
Transit: Second Ave & Marion: MT 131-O, MT 132-O, MT 134-O, MT 143-I, MT 152-O, MT 157-I, MT 158-I, MT 158-O, MT 159-I, MT 159-O MT 161-I, MT 162-I, MT 162-O, MT 170-O, MT 174-O, MT 175-I, MT 175-O, MT 177-O, MT 179-I, MT 179-O MT 19-I, MT 190-O, MT 191-O, MT 192-I, MT 192-O, MT 194-O, MT 196-O, MT 21-I,
Boise, Idaho
“Great Martinis”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I know, I know - they claim to have the best steak in town yet on several visits I've yet to splurge on one. They also claim to have one of the best happy hours in town which is why I go. Get there before the 8am-5pm executives get there for a good seat. I say sit in the bar, order a martini, and stick to the bar menu for food. The bar menu has decent food which will still put a dent in your wallet, but will fill you up for an early dinner. If you can get a seat in the west-end of the bar there are great street views. Although it feels a little stuffy when you walk in, the staff is quite friendly and helpful. The service is excellent and everyone seems like they're having a good time. Oh yeah, and those martinis are some of the best I've had.

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Tacoma, WA
“Kind of dissapointed for the first time”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We went here for dinner for a post-valentines getaway in Seattle. Unfortunately, we were swayed by the description of one of the specials and we both ordered a NY steak topped with crab. The steak was described as being cut in such a way that would eliminate the gristle but when we received our steaks we both had quite a bit and it was simply not enjoyable. The salads were excellent and my baked potato was yummy but my husband's twice baked potato looked like it had been baked several times and was quite dry. My wine glass was also chipped. I made all of this known to the waitress who offered us a free dessert but we were full and had made other plans for dessert so we declined, They did comp our salads which was helpful. I will stick to a filet or medallions or something of that sort next time we go. ;+(

Visited February 2013
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“A great first impression, but that goes down during your stay”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We reallly were looking forward to a great steak. We looked up which places were rated high, el gauchos was higher rated, but was fully booked till late. Here we could come, place was packed so we were lucky. Got a ok spot and were served okish. The steak wasnt medium rare but well done snd wasnt warm anymore...yes we should have complained, but a good gentle evening after a hard working week is also nice. The spinach was over the top, all in cream znd covered with tooo much cheese. No this isnt my favorite steahouse in seattle, i will need to look further

Vancouver, Canada
“Go to Mortons instead”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Terrible service! For a bunch of dudes walking around in butchers jackets they sure carry a lot of attitude. The food was mediocre. I have no problem with paying that much if its great food, but more importantly, if the staff actually cared about the customers.
Seattle is such a great city, there are FAR better places to dine.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank VanCritik
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Great Steak”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Expensive, but probably the best steak I've ever eaten. Nice atmosphere and good surroundings, just glad I wasn't footing the bill!

Been to Metropolitan Grill? Share your experiences!